• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:01:38 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Am I the only one unable to get the new tyres mod to work??

Started by DoctorJD, June 26, 2022, 06:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorJD

I've done the download and install by the book, but when I go in-game, I'm still getting the old tires options instead of the new. I went so far as to take out the existing mods>tires folder and totally replacing it with the new one just in case something was corrupted in the original, still nothing.

Of course, now, when I try to get in a public server, I get the dreaded "bike mismatch" message.

Just wondering if anyone else has been down this road, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks!!

PizzaChet

When I've had problems like this, I just remove ALL mods and start from scratch with no minibikes, Supermoto, or tire mods. Then I re-introduce one category at a time. If you don't get everything out of the mods folder first, it'll be a pain to figure it out. Good luck!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

DoctorJD

Okay, so I finally got it working. Still not sure exactly what was wrong, but in case anyone else stumbles across this topic...I took my existing "bikes" folder completely out of the mods file and replaced it with the new "bikes" folder from the tire mod. Still, nothing. So I moved my original "bikes" folder back into the mods file and suddenly, it's working. I can't explain it, but it kind of went along the line of what PizzaChet was saying, gotta keep manipulating that file until something shakes out.

PizzaChet

Quote from: DoctorJD on July 04, 2022, 05:47:41 PM...what PizzaChet was saying, gotta keep manipulating that file until something shakes out.
Same goes for having trouble joining servers or the game crashes trying! Keep at it! Some days I have no problem.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.