• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:46:09 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Race Start Times

Started by teeds, February 27, 2015, 10:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Is it possible now, and if not can it be changed so it is possible to alter the race start delay which is currently 2 mins? Had a good look at the dedi.ini but can't see anything to change this. 30 seconds or less would be good, 1 min tops.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on February 27, 2015, 10:15:52 AM
Is it possible now, and if not can it be changed so it is possible to alter the race start delay which is currently 2 mins? Had a good look at the dedi.ini but can't see anything to change this. 30 seconds or less would be good, 1 min tops.

Two minutes were decided to give time to anyone to finish what they are doing ( watching the replay, editing the bike settings, ... ), choose the proper bike setup for the race, and go to track.

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 27, 2015, 11:21:17 AM
Two minutes were decided to give time to anyone to finish what they are doing ( watching the replay, editing the bike settings, ... ), choose the proper bike setup for the race, and go to track.

This might be more appropriate for some kind of league race but in my experience with these events the warm up is often used to give people a chance to do the things you describe. For just general public races 30secs is more than enough to change tyres, fuel and setup if needed. Also people are getting bored waiting and keep asking me to make the 2 mins go away  :) Obviously exacerbated by the start DQ fear but even with this fixed I suspect the majority would like it reduced.

teeds

I'm sure you know this Pibs but for others it might be handy to know that if all participants go to the starting gate, shortly afterwards you will get the 15 second board regardless of where the 2 min timer is at.

There have been occasions where even with all at the gate it does not show the 15 sec board until the 2 mins has gone but we had leavers and possibly crashers that took part in practice but were no longer present for the race. Maybe the crashers (core.exe I'll assume) caused it as we've had people leave before the race and still got the early 15 sec board.