• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:21:07 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Online Questions

Started by NORCAL, February 18, 2015, 07:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORCAL

So, I have a few questions about online play

1. Why does it lag so bad? I have good internet.
2. Will you be able to spectate other players?
3. Will you be able to ride in free mode while a racing is going on?
4. Why Is there so much time between practice, qual, and races. Takes way too long.
5. Will you be able to change your bike from the online garage?
6. How do you create your own online session that people can join?
Thank you,

PiBoSo

Quote from: NORCAL on February 18, 2015, 07:36:48 PM
So, I have a few questions about online play

2. Will you be able to spectate other players?
3. Will you be able to ride in free mode while a racing is going on?
4. Why Is there so much time between practice, qual, and races. Takes way too long.
5. Will you be able to change your bike from the online garage?
6. How do you create your own online session that people can join?
Thank you,

1. Online quality also depends on the location of the server and of the other clients.
2. Yes, it is possible.
3. When a race is in progress, you cannot go to track.
4. The server admin can decide the length of each session. It is also possible to vote to jump directly to a session: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=199.0
5. No. It's not possible to change bike while you are in a server.
6. From the "Browse World" menu, click on "Host". You can also create a dedicated server: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=197.0

teeds

Quote from: NORCAL on February 18, 2015, 07:36:48 PM

I'm in the UK but even with players from the USA and 150ish ping it still runs well enough for close racing. What ping are you getting in chat next to your name and on what server did you get lag?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

NORCAL

The Ping is at 150, I i get the same issue in all servers. I am in Euro servers all the time on MX Simulator and never have an issue. That bites there will be no "warm up" mode. I guess that and rare lag are some things that set that game apart. Still can't wait to see where this game goes.

teeds

Just a thought, was the lag while racing on track with another rider or watching in the replay screen?

NORCAL

During a race me and a buddy were doing. He would skip and disappear. Have not seen a clean race yet and I have 100mb Internet and a ton of pc power. haha I don't want to go back to MXvsATV style racing.

JohnnyMac

Hmm, Im in Calif and definitely don't have that sort of high speed so what your saying is concerning Norcal.

Another thing I was just checking the stats.mx-bikes.com/records.php page and it listed 22 riders for MX1 and 32 entries/riders for MX2. Are those all the riders who have raced online?? Norcal, you said you raced online, I don't see your name.

teeds

If this works like other games Norcal yours and your mates ping will both count, so if he's in the same region as you it'll effectively be 300 ping between you which might be the problem. If this is correct it'll be OK if you host a game, tried it?

About the stats, I'm pretty sure it only records laps times done in qualifying on this site but the motonline-fr stats record times in all sessions http://mx-bikes.motonline-france.com/bestlaps.php

JohnnyMac

Ok, thanks teeds. That site shows 239 entries for practice track. I check this sites server status page and never see more than 1 guy playing out there. I was just curious I guess.