• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:05:41 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Newbie Guide (or something like that:D)

Started by Braap570, March 11, 2015, 05:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braap570

Hey Guys i've many problems while riding, so do you guys just steer left or right in corners? or do you lean to the sides too?! if i press the lean button left e.g. i always fell off...

An other question which goes out to the guys who are playing with gamepads:
How do u break?! Is your front or rear brake at the (Xbox Controller) LT Button (PS Controller would be L2) ?
Maybe a picture of the assignement of keys of a controller from you would be very helpfull :)

teeds

March 12, 2015, 10:49:56 AM #1 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:28:12 PM by teeds
Hi Braap, with cornering just lean the bike left and right as normal but not the rider. You will however need to lean the rider forwards and backwards plenty -  forwards while turning (after you've finished braking), backwards while on the power (and maybe hard braking), forwards or backwards on jumps depending on the shape of the jump face and the pitch you want to land at (to stop nose down landings - lean back on take-off, for nose high the opposite). Basic but I HTH  :)

For the controls have a look at this http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=150.0
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Braap570

Thanks dude, that helped!
It was really the best thing to buy the game! I love the selfmade tracks :]

arnzzz

Quote from: Braap570 on March 12, 2015, 11:19:56 AM
Thanks dude, that helped!
It was really the best thing to buy the game! I love the selfmade tracks :]

Yeah there are some amazing community made tracks already. bodes very well for the future of MXB :)

JohnnyMac

Is stock bike setup good for newbies? If not, what tweaks should I do if not?

teeds

Stock setup is good for most it seems. I use it but nearly always end up changing just the gearing, bringing the top speed down to get more acceleration.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PizzaChet

I lowered the spring rate and compression all the way and raised the rebound damping to gain more control at first. I haven't tweaked them since.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.