• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:39:38 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

First Person camera suggestion

Started by daffernn, March 12, 2015, 05:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffernn

I feel like the first person right now has a feel of a superbike instead of a motocross bike and that might be the reason of alot of the comparisons, in the replay mode the gopro cam is amazing how the bike doesnt go all the way to the right of your screen and keeps straight maybe have that as a camera in game without the helmet. This is the only video i could find to show what im trying to say because its hard to explain.
https://www.youtube.com/v/56mXYPIGQ64

JohnnyMac

March 12, 2015, 06:02:37 PM #1 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:12:12 PM by JohnnyMac
+1000 EXACTLY!! I come from MXSim and I wish this game would offer a little bit in game settings to cater to the mxs audience coming to mx bikes. Not much, just some camera settings like you point out. My problem is I really excel in MXS first person mode because the camera leans with the bike 100%. I have a really good feeling of what the bike is doing in a lean and how to correct the bike. Camera in mx bikes first person feels like it leans 0%. Your video illustrates that our head leans with our bodies and the bike, and in first person it really helps with steering if we could get that in this game.

I think Piboso could pretty easily incorporate a camera lean % setting that lets us control how much the camera tilts with the body and bike. So 0% setting camera behaves just as it does now. 100% and camera lean matches bike. Exception is  with rider controlled lean left/right, the camera matches what player lean input is doing.

Please Piboso!!!
Example in MXSim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUct4ohIl6U

Example in Mxgp: I do notice that even playing Mxgp in first person I feel a bit more connected to the bike than in MX bikes, even though it seems Mxgp camera behaves very similar to this game. Some % setting would still be awesome though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qO6_AQ_mqU

daffernn

Quote from: JohnnyMac on March 12, 2015, 06:02:37 PM
+1000 EXACTLY!! I come from MXSim and I wish this game would offer a little bit in game settings to cater to the mxs audience coming to mx bikes. Not much, just some camera settings like you point out. My problem is I really excel in MXS first person mode because the camera leans with the bike 100%. I have a really good feeling of what the bike is doing in a lean and how to correct the bike. Camera in mx bikes first person feels like it leans 0%. Your video illustrates that our head leans with our bodies and the bike, and in first person it really helps with steering if we could get that in this game.

I think Piboso could pretty easily incorporate a camera lean % setting that lets us control how much the camera tilts with the body and bike. So 0% setting camera behaves just as it does now. 100% and camera lean matches bike. Exception is  with rider controlled lean left/right, the camera matches what player lean input is doing.

Please Piboso!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUct4ohIl6U
Id prefer it as a more realistic setting, mxsim can hurt my eyes because the turning and bouncing but the video i shown is a perfect example on the bike moving around seperate but without it going up the side of the screen too far.

JohnnyMac

Which would require the camera to lean more with the bike into the turns.

daffernn

But the Mx simulator one is completely locked to the bike which isnt realistic in the slightest, mxb had the right idea i just think it could be done alot better.

JohnnyMac

Sure, of course. Having some type of % camera lean that allows us players to get that exact feel of how much lean the camera goes with the bike would be a good start. You got a suggestion?

daffernn

That would be a good idea also make the sitting more noticeable would be nice too.

Braap570

You guys are right, the leaning angle is a bit to wide in the first person view of mx bikes. but on mxs the view isnt "stiff" enought... so a mixture between these both views or like some other said a sort of setting for that would be great. because of that leaning angle you have i think the bike is very wobbly especially if you have to ride a slow and tight corner...

daffernn

Yeah the way the bike goes all the way to the side is like a gp bike so maybe thats part of the comparisons i keep seeing.

Snappe

Have you tried setting tilt to 20% in settings>simulation ?

Maybe we could increase the max. tilt slightly, but I really don't like the mxs 'locked to bike' view, it's not realistic at all.

Braap570

hey thx for the tipt. i just tested it its a bit better. i jdislike the first person of mxs too (thats why i ride that in 3rd :P) but i think in the first person view of mxb, the bike just swings a little bit too much from left to right under the position of the head.

atm mxb feels more like this:

than this:

a little bit it feels like you hanging off in corners like on a street bike.. i hope its clear what i mean, my english isnt the best :P

daffernn

March 13, 2015, 02:20:11 PM #11 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:26:34 PM by daffernn
Quote from: Snappe on March 13, 2015, 01:46:39 PM
Have you tried setting tilt to 20% in settings>simulation ?

Maybe we could increase the max. tilt slightly, but I really don't like the mxs 'locked to bike' view, it's not realistic at all.
i completely agree, On replay mode the gopro view is perfect how the bike moves i just want that without the helmet and moved down towards like the chin of the model? Edit: I just used the tilt and yes maybe increase that to a higher value because that makes it alot better.

Snappe

March 13, 2015, 03:11:07 PM #12 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:14:50 PM by Snappe
Quote from: Braap570 on March 13, 2015, 02:19:01 PM
the bike just swings a little bit too much from left to right under the position of the head.

I forgot to mention, we have already improved this in beta3.

Quote from: daffernn on March 13, 2015, 02:20:11 PM
Edit: I just used the tilt and yes maybe increase that to a higher value because that makes it alot better.

Protip: if you open Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\profiles\username\profile.ini in notepad, you can 'hack' the tilt to a higher value (in the 'view' section). I recommend 0.3!

daffernn

Great work snappe, Cant wait for beta 3 and really enjoy seeing you guys develop the game into something that will blow any other mx game away. the little things you guys are doing such as exhaust smoke the dirt gathering on the bike is what makes a game stand out.

daffernn

fov=90.000000
tilt=0.450000
pitch=0.400000
corner_anticipation=1
corner_anticipation_scale=0.050000
This is my settings right now and it looks as close to real life as i can make it in my opinion.