• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:05:07 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

First Person camera suggestion

Started by daffernn, March 12, 2015, 05:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braap570

Oh i cant wait for beta 3 snappe ! sounds awesome! :)

and thx for the pro tip! i ride more or less like daffernn and i just have to tell you guys: in the beginning i was like "oh wow mxb i thought its cooler".. but now i bought it... raced some laps at the other tracks and just can tell all people its just awesome to ride! difficult but great!

JohnnyMac

March 13, 2015, 05:17:08 PM #16 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:19:49 PM by JohnnyMac
Quote from: Snappe on March 13, 2015, 01:46:39 PM
Have you tried setting tilt to 20% in settings>simulation ?

Maybe we could increase the max. tilt slightly, but I really don't like the mxs 'locked to bike' view, it's not realistic at all.
What?? Lets put your distaste for MXS aside for a moment or is that not possible?  The real rider video posted by daffernn at top showed the guy cornering with his head/body tilt aligned with the bike in the corners. Braap570's post of photos is brilliant showing gp vs mx, with Dungey showing mx style with his head/body tilt aligned with his bike in the corner. I gave mxs just as an example and what happens..."I don't like mxs view" from the dev. (Got the same thing when asking for increased FOV settings by the way!) I suggested a % setting for "tilt" that might help solve this so we the owners can decide anything between stock camera aligned with horizon, or anything in between that and a bike aligned view. Win, win. There's been a lot of "it feels like a gp bike game" and here's a SIMPLE option to try to get away from that. Don't let your dislike of MXS get in the way of whats important here, the feel of the game and happy paying customers. ;)

daffernn

I dont think they dislike mxs but the fact alot of people will compare the 2 could be annoying but it will happen since its the only other mx simulator. I can smash down really good laptimes on mxs on sx maybe 2-3 seconds off the top pros on their and mxb is just as good just in a different way. ALSO dont forget mxs has had like 7 years of development and this has had what? less than half that.

JohnnyMac

Your request and my request are the same. The current camera is very much a gp style camera. I think it would be better to have this game be compared to mxs than to be compared to a gp game, so which does mx-bikes wish to be more associated with? I probably come off as a jerk, sorry, just passionate about a silly camera in mx games. I am merely suggesting a method to try and accomplish this, which by the way, has this other great benefit of making mxs players feel more comfortable and is 100% flexible for everyone's tastes.

daffernn

Quote from: JohnnyMac on March 13, 2015, 06:00:40 PM
Your request and my request are the same. The current camera is very much a gp style camera. I think it would be better to have this game be compared to mxs than to be compared to a gp game, so which does mx-bikes wish to be more associated with? I probably come off as a jerk, sorry, just passionate about a silly camera in mx games. I am merely suggesting a method to try and accomplish this, which by the way, has this other great benefit of making mxs players feel more comfortable and is 100% flexible for everyone's tastes.
But he said he has already fixed it in beta 3 and gave you a suggestion on how to make it more adaptable which has actually done alot when i used it. Id suggest using my pov settings i posted and it will work a treat, go into your profile.ini and use my settings.

PiBoSo

Are you all talking about the first or the second onboard view?

daffernn

PiBoSo

Quote from: daffernn on March 13, 2015, 07:32:44 PM
First i believe.

Have you tried the second? What do you think of it?

daffernn

The second feels the same other than the sit and leaning animation is not visible, i could be wrong. After i used snappe's advice with the first camera the tilt it is alot better.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

March 13, 2015, 10:03:13 PM #24 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:13:34 PM by TheFatController
I hate to say this, because I've never been a fan of the fisheye type large FOV people always ran on MXS..

But Daffernn I just tried your settings, and with the addition of FOV at 105, it really brings first person alive for me! So much easier to see whats going on!

Edit: By the way - PiBoSo - What does 'free_look' do and how is it used? I tried it and it felt like I was drunk lol  ???

JohnnyMac

Quote from: geofanatec on March 13, 2015, 11:50:59 PM
I run fov at 110.....

Can u update to go above 90?? Really kinda annoying that any time a setting is changed to have to quit....go into the ini.....change back to 110.....and then resume

And looks like I will have to add that tilt setting with my fov to list of changes everytime I touch the settings in game.  :'(

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on March 13, 2015, 10:03:13 PM
Edit: By the way - PiBoSo - What does 'free_look' do and how is it used? I tried it and it felt like I was drunk lol  ???

Free Look -> Tracking for the FreeTrack interface
Free Look -> Face Tracking for the Kinect protocol
Free Look -> Mouse Look for mouse tracking

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sounds interesting, how would we set it up for mouse look?

I tried:

free_look=1
free_look_input=h

But the 'h' key did nothing and it seemed to randomly look around.. Guess free_look_input needs to define mouse?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on March 14, 2015, 10:28:52 AM
Sounds interesting, how would we set it up for mouse look?

I tried:

free_look=1
free_look_input=h

But the 'h' key did nothing and it seemed to randomly look around.. Guess free_look_input needs to define mouse?

???
You can set it in MX Bikes -> Settings -> Simulation -> Cockpit View

𝖙𝖋𝖈