• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:54:19 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

First Person camera suggestion

Started by daffernn, March 12, 2015, 05:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I've found it only happens when sitting, most noticeable on the inside line of the corner before the big tables on field 44

daffernn

Quote from: teeds on March 17, 2015, 02:06:03 PM
Weird, that oscillation is not something I've seen when doing the same manoeuvre. In your vid daffern you seem to go from no lean to full instantly, I'm using lots of smoothing with it, tried that?  Also I think you are but it's hard to tell for sure from the vid, you're using forward lean as well right? And are you guys getting this with a default setup?
No forward lean i have 90 fov and i have the smoothing to 100% and dont flick it fast at all because im used of slowly turning from sim since its all one stick, it seems to be fine going in by while riding the corner leaning it just starts bouncing after im already leaning its really a weird feeling.

teeds

Quote from: TheFatController on March 17, 2015, 02:13:54 PM
I've found it only happens when sitting, most noticeable on the inside line of the corner before the big tables on field 44

I don't generally use sit at all right now, maybe that's causing it?

Quote from: daffernn on March 17, 2015, 02:15:17 PM
No forward lean i have 90 fov and i have the smoothing to 100% and dont flick it fast at all because im used of slowly turning from sim since its all one stick, it seems to be fine going in by while riding the corner leaning it just starts bouncing after im already leaning its really a weird feeling.

Can't say I've used it without leaning forward at the same time. Out of curiosity gonna see if I can replicate this later while sitting or using L/R rider lean only.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

daffernn

What i do is turn normally with the steering and while im turning right i weigh left. all this while sitting.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks geo, I was just estimating so it's nice to see something genuine. I think tilt 1.5 - 2 works just fine for me :)

I think in the long run the option to change (even if currently a bit annoying with having to edit profile.ini) is good as it caters fot everyones preference.

JohnnyMac

So what does 18-20 degrees equate to in % setting??

FatController, Im a bit confused by what you preference is lol. Previous page you agreed with Max and liked less tilt, now your saying a tilt of 1.5 -2.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: JohnnyMac on March 17, 2015, 04:41:19 PM
FatController, Im a bit confused by what you preference is lol. Previous page you agreed with Max and liked less tilt, now your saying a tilt of 1.5 -2.

You and me both lol.. no - on my phone, out and about - no reference  :-[

HornetMaX

So what does 18-20 degrees equate to in % setting??
Personal guess: bike leaning at 45deg, tilt set at 10% ==> horizon is tilted at 4.5degrees (steady state).
That's why with tilt at 1.0 (and no rider lean), it's like having a camera tied to the bike chassis (at least at steady state).

Same hiere :)

MaX.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK OK lol... You guys got me. Like I said out and about on phone, I could remember the 1.5 - 2 part, just not the 0. before hand.. So let me re write that -

0.15 to 0.2 works good for me!  ;D

JohnnyMac

Quote from: geofanatec on March 18, 2015, 02:36:51 AM
Here we go!

At a setting of .5 (for tilt) it yields a max of 21 degrees (horizon).

A setting of .2 yields a max of 19 degrees.

So........a setting of .2 seems to be spot on with RL. (which makes sense, lol).

Pic 1: a .5 setting
Pic 2: a .2 setting
Why would there only be like a 3 degree difference between .2 and .5? Now, Im not trying to argue with you here, but those photos are from replay camera or from in game first person cameras? For some reason, I am just thinking what replay head cam shows is not equivalent to tilt displayed in first person. :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

They are from replay as you can see the helmet underneath, but I would have thought being as one of the first person cameras is glued to the head position that it should show the same angle..  Note the 'should' lol..  ;)

PiBoSo

Cockpit view settings do not apply to replay cameras.

teeds

Quote from: daffernn on March 17, 2015, 01:15:41 PM
This is all i could really get at short notice it gets alot worst on wide open corners
https://www.youtube.com/v/cXrcyIBAURg&feature=youtu.be

Got this shaking myself and it's the sit, stand and it's gone.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

daffernn

Tmax94

Quote from: TheFatController on March 16, 2015, 11:26:23 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/v/4dFds93-h68?rel=0

A link to download the headphone views ??