• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:22:37 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Dedi Server Ejecting and Banning Players?

Started by teeds, March 04, 2015, 11:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Last night we had a few on track and for no apparent reason someone got "ejected" from the server. The ejected player was then told he was banned from the server when trying to rejoin. Any idea why this happened and how it can be stopped? Ping limit was 1000 and I don't think he exceeded this but can't be sure, and if he did get booted for high ping is the ban automatic?
Any other default reason for auto eject and ban?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PiBoSo

March 04, 2015, 04:47:25 PM #1 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:50:56 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: teeds on March 04, 2015, 11:20:04 AM
Last night we had a few on track and for no apparent reason someone got "ejected" from the server. The ejected player was then told he was banned from the server when trying to rejoin. Any idea why this happened and how it can be stopped? Ping limit was 1000 and I don't think he exceeded this but can't be sure, and if he did get booted for high ping is the ban automatic?
Any other default reason for auto eject and ban?

The only reason for automatic eject is ping over limit.
The client should have got a couple warnings.

teeds

OK ta, I'll try removing the ping limit. He didn't mention any warnings (he had only been playing 5 mins or so) but I could only briefly communicate via his friend after he got booted.  Does the server intentionally ban people after these ejections and if it does how can the ban be removed please?

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on March 04, 2015, 06:25:31 PM
OK ta, I'll try removing the ping limit. He didn't mention any warnings (he had only been playing 5 mins or so) but I could only briefly communicate via his friend after he got booted.  Does the server intentionally ban people after these ejections and if it does how can the ban be removed please?

The ban is intentional.
The only way to remove bans is to restart the server.

teeds