• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:00:25 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Some info on what your using for development

Started by jgetner, March 19, 2015, 03:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgetner

Hello Poboso,

I have a few questions for you on what some of the software, engines, or libraries you are using in development of the game. So below i have outlines a few questions i have for you. If you could answer them that would be awesome.  To give you a little understanding I'm a capable programmer and like yourself have the interest in building a next gen dirt bike game. 

1. For the 3d models are you using blender  or some other 3d software for game objects and models, gear etc...?

2. For the game programming are you using a game engine such as unity, unreal engine others etc...?

3. The programming language your programming the game C++, C#, C, Python, Java Etc...?

4.  OpenGL or DirectX or Abstraction Libraries such as SDL?

5. Are you open any help?

6. platform support? *nix, windows, mobile?

Hey Thank you for reading and letting us know.

Docfumi

I'm out of place here, but a good Magician never gives away his tricks.  ;)
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

jgetner

These are not tricks and there is no tricks in game development.  These things i mentioned above are the tools of the trade and knowledge of them is openly shared throughout the community.  But at the end of the day we all learn the same tools and some more than others.  I ask because I'm a senior programmer and capable of programming in many languages and platforms and if i was interested in helping out on this game i would like to know what is used.  I'm not asking him for the source code which is the value. But the technologies used to see if i would be a good candidate to help out.  Next time please know what you are talking about before you accuse someone of ignorance.

Docfumi

March 19, 2015, 05:18:15 AM #3 Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:20:25 AM by Docfumi
Heyyy take it easy, I did not accuse you of anything, I was just saying these guys are maybe a bit hush about what they use as far as the development goes. To be taken lightly, and I'm sorry if I upset you in any way. No stress on my side I think it's great you want to help, and again I apologize I'm just a bit of a jokester. 

Hence "I'm out of place here"  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

GDUBMX

Quote from: jgetner on March 19, 2015, 04:22:45 AM
These are not tricks and there is no tricks in game development.  These things i mentioned above are the tools of the trade and knowledge of them is openly shared throughout the community.  But at the end of the day we all learn the same tools and some more than others.  I ask because I'm a senior programmer and capable of programming in many languages and platforms and if i was interested in helping out on this game i would like to know what is used.  I'm not asking him for the source code which is the value. But the technologies used to see if i would be a good candidate to help out.  Next time please know what you are talking about before you accuse someone of ignorance.
have you got any experience in developing motocross games? That would be handy, I know some guys that could do with some help right now.. Rainbow studios! :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

jgetner

No hard feelings. I just dont want people to mistake my post for wanting the source or wanting to know how the game was built.  As programing the basics of a game is not all that tough more or less just time consuming as it is with all programming.  But i do want to meet other developers and 3d designers and graphics and make a damn good motocross game that the community deserves.

HornetMaX

It's up to Piboso to reply, all I can say is that some of the answers have been given by Piboso in the past and some of them should be trivial, especially if you're a capable programmer.

As far as I know, any past offer of help has always been declined, especially if it involves coding. And I'm talking about GPB too (which is a fair bit older than MXB).

Quote from: jgetner on March 19, 2015, 09:03:39 AM
As programing the basics of a game is not all that tough more or less just time consuming as it is with all programming.  But i do want to meet other developers and 3d designers and graphics and make a damn good motocross game that the community deserves.
Well, good luck. Because you'll soon realize that for games like MXB (and Piboso's GPB, KRP, WRS) the really hard part is in the physics: for that, you need to be more than a good developer. Much more.

MaX.

P.S.
Java ?!  :o  :o  :o Seriously ? Why not Haskell then ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: jgetner on March 19, 2015, 03:58:11 AM
Hello Poboso,

I have a few questions for you on what some of the software, engines, or libraries you are using in development of the game. So below i have outlines a few questions i have for you. If you could answer them that would be awesome.  To give you a little understanding I'm a capable programmer and like yourself have the interest in building a next gen dirt bike game. 

1. For the 3d models are you using blender  or some other 3d software for game objects and models, gear etc...?

2. For the game programming are you using a game engine such as unity, unreal engine others etc...?

3. The programming language your programming the game C++, C#, C, Python, Java Etc...?

4.  OpenGL or DirectX or Abstraction Libraries such as SDL?

5. Are you open any help?

6. platform support? *nix, windows, mobile?

Hey Thank you for reading and letting us know.

1. 3dsmax
2. No
3. C
4. OpenGL
5. No
6. Windows, of course. Linux and Mac versions coming as soon as possible

jgetner

Hey No Problem,

And good luck with the game.  Seems i must start building my own.

GDUBMX

Please let us know if you do mate. That would be awesome!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />