• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:43 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Downloading and Installing New Tracks

Started by seemysound7, April 12, 2015, 05:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemysound7

Hello All,

I have tried to follow instructions on installing tracks, but cannot seem to make them work. So far I have gone through the MXB folder destination and created folders for tracks and bikes. When I go to download and drag the file of tracks into those folders, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong, or what are the actual steps to installing a track off the forum so I can ride it? Also, same thing for bikes.

Thank You!

MXK_cdub85

Have you purchased the full version of MX Bikes? Custom content only works when you buy a license. If so, all you need to do is go to C:/program files x86/mxbikes/tracks/(downloaded track folder)

seemysound7

Yes I have, I will try the new method. Thanks!

seemysound7

When I click the downloaf links (mediafire, stc.) It automatically starts downloading. When I click and drag that file to the track location folder. It will be placed, but does not show up in my game.

Tristanmx

Do you open the dowloaded file with Winrar or something same ?

seemysound7

I think that may be my issue, I am not using any program to open these up. I was just downloading them, then dragging. We need a specific program to open these and drag over to the track folder?

JohnnyMac

April 13, 2015, 10:32:03 PM #6 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:33:37 PM by JohnnyMac
Quote from: seemysound7 on April 13, 2015, 09:04:59 PM
I think that may be my issue, I am not using any program to open these up. I was just downloading them, then dragging. We need a specific program to open these and drag over to the track folder?
The files you download are typically zip files, which contains all the track files in a compressed form. You need a program to uncompress those files. Not sure if windows has built in ability to uncompress files. You right click the file downloaded and see if you have an option to "unzip" then if so, select unzip and pick the tracks directory of where to unzip all the files out of that downloaded zip file. Otherwise you need a program installed to do that, like WinRAR, winzip, ...

iceberg

hello there,

I do have an issue with installing custom track. i guess i've followed the good procedure, step by step but all the custom track i did downloaded are like deep black no texture at all.

Do you have any idea guys please?

Ive bought the game activated it everything is fine expect those custom tracks. I've created a tracks folder and each custom track has his own folder with all the files in it

iceberg

oh ok that what i thought.

thanks and good luck