• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:03:30 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Mac install guide

Started by storken, January 26, 2020, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raphpay

MX Bikes installation via Crossover ( not Wine-crossover )

After struggling with mods with wine-crossover, I found Crossover with yet another Google search !
Easier to install than by passing with homebrew !

Step by step:
Step 1:

Go to the CodeWeavers website, choose whether you want to buy it or get the free trial.
I'm got the free trial twice with the same mail address, and no problems with it so far.

Step 2:
Download the MX Bikes exe ( of course ), or the Steam exe.

Step 3.a: ( for MX Bikes )
Open CrossOver, and click on install an unlisted application.
Select a destination, where you placed the MXBikes.exe. Mine is in the Downloads folder, but it could be better I think in Documents.
Next, give the bottle a name. The bottle in this software is just a way to name the folder in the Crossover app.

Step 3.b: ( for Steam )
I didn't try it, but you got Steam on the main page of the app, so just follow the steps provided when you click install, it shouldn't be harder than the step above.

Step 4:
Follow the instructions to install the exe. game.

Step 5:
Enjoy and braaaap!!

Mods and plugins
After the installation is complete, you will have two MX Bikes folders:
- One located in the documents folder, under the PiBoSo folder. This is where you will install your mods, just like on Windows.
- Another located in your :/C drive. You can access it via the crossover platform, just before launching the game. Here, you will install the UI, and some other plugins ( like MaxHUD ).

Performances
Reeeally good on a MacBook Air M2. No fans, a little bit of heat ( really nothing even after a couple hours of gaming ). And the game settings are all turned up to the max.

Enjoy now !!

RingedCarp1114

Quote from: raphpay on January 16, 2024, 10:24:59 AMMX Bikes installation via Crossover ( not Wine-crossover )

After struggling with mods with wine-crossover, I found Crossover with yet another Google search !
Easier to install than by passing with homebrew !

Step by step:
Step 1:

Go to the CodeWeavers website, choose whether you want to buy it or get the free trial.
I'm got the free trial twice with the same mail address, and no problems with it so far.

Step 2:
Download the MX Bikes exe ( of course ), or the Steam exe.

Step 3.a: ( for MX Bikes )
Open CrossOver, and click on install an unlisted application.
Select a destination, where you placed the MXBikes.exe. Mine is in the Downloads folder, but it could be better I think in Documents.
Next, give the bottle a name. The bottle in this software is just a way to name the folder in the Crossover app.

Step 3.b: ( for Steam )
I didn't try it, but you got Steam on the main page of the app, so just follow the steps provided when you click install, it shouldn't be harder than the step above.

Step 4:
Follow the instructions to install the exe. game.

Step 5:
Enjoy and braaaap!!

Mods and plugins
After the installation is complete, you will have two MX Bikes folders:
- One located in the documents folder, under the PiBoSo folder. This is where you will install your mods, just like on Windows.
- Another located in your :/C drive. You can access it via the crossover platform, just before launching the game. Here, you will install the UI, and some other plugins ( like MaxHUD ).

Performances
Reeeally good on a MacBook Air M2. No fans, a little bit of heat ( really nothing even after a couple hours of gaming ). And the game settings are all turned up to the max.

Enjoy now !!

How do you save things using the cross over platform? Im just having a hard time getting max hud

flexgrip

Quote from: RingedCarp1114 on January 19, 2024, 05:42:32 AMHow do you save things using the cross over platform? Im just having a hard time getting max hud

I am unsure what you're having trouble with. You just install them in the same place you would on windows. Mods, maxhud, etc. I think the trick is just making sure you are in the base directory that wine is looking for. Basically it just makes these virtual C drives. But they are just directories in your home dir usually. Mine is just in ~/.wine/drive_c

Crossover tries to handle all this for you. But uses crappier versions of wine. But if it works, then great.

I'm currently having trouble with my controllers once I updated to Sonoma. They kinda work but the mappings are wrong and none of the SDL maps I've tried seem to be applying. So I've just been running bikes from windows for now.

That being said I had zero problems with any mods, paints, maxhud, etc etc. Even got reshade working. Again its exactly like windows. Just find the appropriate directory that matches what it would be in windows. ~/.wine/drive_c/Users/.../Documents/Piboso etc