• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:18:22 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Paid Tracks Will Kill This Games Online Racing Scene

Started by Tommy, February 05, 2023, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy

There are multiple things I'd like to get out of the way, Yes I've paid for tracks, No I don't believe we shouldn't support track creators at all, this is mainly about the online racing scene more than anything, finally this is my opinion and you wont change my mind.

Firstly, there is no refund option let alone a comment section on the Mx Bikes shop just a crappy star rating system that doesn't tell you how many people have rated it, I'm supposed to spend 2$ per track to find the one that is worth my time and more importantly MY MONEY. Which is absolutely ridiculous, I have yet to pay for a track that I've played more than a free track I've downloaded. I paid 12$ for a nationals track pack to play online and because of the dumb paid to play system I raced with a total of 8 people compared to a PaletaV2 lobby that has 24 people in it. In what world is this system working? not to mention I raced that entire track in 2nd gear on the 450, there was no fast paced game play or any section of those tracks that made me feel like I was going fast at all. TFC National track pack is incredibly decent and I bought those because I was referred to them by a friend that said the ARL ones were worse (which is incredibly hard to imagine). On top of all of this you are selling tracks and making money off of tracks you don't even own... you're selling them as if you have the rights to them, when tracks come out on MVA that are licensed its a huge deal / accomplishment to even be allowed to play them on a game of that scale. You know what you're doing is wrong because you wont even name the tracks the proper way the AMA has them named.

Second and finally - You're limiting the people that will race because you want them to spend 2$ for 12 tracks over the course of 12 weeks to even be allowed to race, Mx Simulator is a 30$-45$ race fee for the year I believe (Don't quote me on that) and the tracks are free... If you know how to do math you'll understand that you'd be making marginally more money if you ran that same system. I'd never race in any sort of tournament just because of the fact I can't even test my skills on your tracks to see where I'd place because you want me to pay 2$ to even see what if I'd like it. This system is dumb and not being ran correctly at all, this will only last so long before people are fed up and won't do it anymore. I'll close this out by saying this, there is a reason MXS online racing scene is bigger and will always be bigger than this games, and that's because anyone can play the tracks at anytime, you pay to race not pay to play.

Drock

I agree, not to mention the fact that who ever is making the ARL SX tracks should be banned from making any further tracks. They make them thinking everyone has 2000+ hours on the game and is a "pro". ( Pibosos physics do not help) I will never buy another one, until they learn to scale them properly (ARLs running joke is "beware the whoops, and it should be "beware the track creator has no clue how to make realistic whoops) and make them for everyone. The reason paletaV2 lobby is full all the time is because just about anyone can jump on that track and race.

SD

Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 06:59:06 AMI agree, not to mention the fact that who ever is making the ARL SX tracks should be banned from making any further tracks. They make them thinking everyone has 2000+ hours on the game and is a "pro". ( Pibosos physics do not help) I will never buy another one, until they learn to scale them properly (ARLs running joke is "beware the whoops, and it should be "beware the track creator has no clue how to make realistic whoops) and make them for everyone. The reason paletaV2 lobby is full all the time is because just about anyone can jump on that track and race.

You do realise that the tracks are literally made for pros and not the general player unlike paleta right?

I sexually identify as a piece of Mail...

Cause all i do is fucking send itttttt

Tommy

Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 06:59:06 AMI agree, not to mention the fact that who ever is making the ARL SX tracks should be banned from making any further tracks. They make them thinking everyone has 2000+ hours on the game and is a "pro". ( Pibosos physics do not help) I will never buy another one, until they learn to scale them properly (ARLs running joke is "beware the whoops, and it should be "beware the track creator has no clue how to make realistic whoops) and make them for everyone. The reason paletaV2 lobby is full all the time is because just about anyone can jump on that track and race.

I do think they need to be hard, but quite frankly they suck. The entire system is a joke, and it feels like a quick money grab... I also just read they want 21$ for the supercross season pass lmfaoo this is actually insanity

Drock

Quote from: SD on February 08, 2023, 01:53:35 PM

You do realise that the tracks are literally made for pros and not the general player unlike paleta right?

And you miss the point completely...ALL tracks free or paid should be made for general public, you really seem to think this is some irl sim or something lmfao. (Pro tip it's still and always will be just a game)
You make every track to scale and what I mean is every 2023(stock)bike has the power to complete any rhythm section multiple ways in SX yet unless you are going 30-40+ mph perfectly around a turn and line up absolutely perfect you won't make certain gaps... lol very unrealistic. If you make them true to life even beginners could get fun laps in, and the pros will still be much much faster and that's fine. What they have created is people who love SX as much as MX and can do just fine on MX see this awesome new ARL track then buy it then want to smash there controller after hours of trying it, just go back to palataV2 and have a blast. Same with club, forest and most other "general" public tracks

SD

Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 06:59:06 AMAnd you miss the point completely...ALL tracks free or paid should be made for general public, you really seem to think this is some irl sim or something lmfao. (Pro tip it's still and always will be just a game)
You make every track to scale and what I mean is every 2023(stock)bike has the power to complete any rhythm section multiple ways in SX yet unless you are going 30-40+ mph perfectly around a turn and line up absolutely perfect you won't make certain gaps... lol very unrealistic. If you make them true to life even beginners could get fun laps in, and the pros will still be much much faster and that's fine. What they have created is people who love SX as much as MX and can do just fine on MX see this awesome new ARL track then buy it then want to smash there controller after hours of trying it, just go back to palataV2 and have a blast. Same with club, forest and most other "general" public tracks

First up this is a sim game so maybe you should look into arcade games as they don't require the same type of skills needed in sim games.
Second up are you aware that the tracks are not made for any other reason other than to race the pro series? It seems like that would be very counter productive to make tracks for everyone's level when they are meant for a single event at a single level boss.

There is nothing wrong with playing club and stuff, but the ARL tracks are not here to cater for the players of that level or interest. They are here for the best of the best, people of that level have no issues running laps on ARL tracks so it is understandable that the average guy struggles.

You have to remember that it is made SPECIFICALLY for ARL events unlike most tracks.

teeds

Quote from: Tommy on February 05, 2023, 10:02:16 AMMx Simulator is a 30$-45$ race fee for the year I believe (Don't quote me on that) and the tracks are free...

That's a good way of doing it.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Drock

Quote from: SD on February 08, 2023, 03:25:36 PM
Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 06:59:06 AMAnd you miss the point completely...ALL tracks free or paid should be made for general public, you really seem to think this is some irl sim or something lmfao. (Pro tip it's still and always will be just a game)

First up this is a sim game so maybe you should look into arcade games as they don't require the same type of skills needed in sim games.
Second up are you aware that the tracks are not made for any other reason other than to race the pro series? It seems like that would be very counter productive to make tracks for everyone's level when they are meant for a single event at a single level boss.

There is nothing wrong with playing club and stuff, but the ARL tracks are not here to cater for the players of that level or interest. They are here for the best of the best, people of that level have no issues running laps on ARL tracks so it is understandable that the average guy struggles.

You have to remember that it is made SPECIFICALLY for ARL events unlike most tracks.

Again it's not a sim it's a game a video game, do we need to go into how bad the physics are? On top of that there is no explanation like you gave for the ARL tracks other then a "hard" label and that hard label is on many other tracks that are completely rideable for the "general" public. And now I've learned my lesson to never purchase another ARL track. You are simping for a very bad business model. I'm looking at this from a new player perspective. Maybe put a warning label on the ARL tracks like "players are recommended not to purchase unless you are a pro with 2000+ hours in the game. So in combination with terrible physics and purposefully built un-rideable cool tracks that make people want to buy must = sImuLaTiOn smfh...

SD

Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 06:59:06 AMAgain it's not a sim it's a game a video game, do we need to go into how bad the physics are? On top of that there is no explanation like you gave for the ARL tracks other then a "hard" label and that hard label is on many other tracks that are completely rideable for the "general" public. And now I've learned my lesson to never purchase another ARL track. You are simping for a very bad business model. I'm looking at this from a new player perspective. Maybe put a warning label on the ARL tracks like "players are recommended not to purchase unless you are a pro with 2000+ hours in the game. So in combination with terrible physics and purposefully built un-rideable cool tracks that make people want to buy must = sImuLaTiOn smfh...

Regardless if you think the physics are good or not it is a sim game, and were the labels on the shop 'difficulty: hard' and mxb-mods 'pro' not enough? Do you want a large flashing warning on your screen when you click on ARL tracks?

The tracks are made specifically for people with stupid amounts of hours that are pro level, idk how you cant accept this. If you are not good enough then just don't play them. It is pretty simple...

Drock

Quote from: SD on February 08, 2023, 05:02:41 PM
Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 06:59:06 AMAgain it's not a sim it's a game a video game, do we need to go into how bad the physics are? On top of that there is no explanation like you gave for the ARL tracks other then a "hard" label and that hard label is on many other tracks that are completely rideable for the "general" public. And now I've learned my lesson to never purchase another ARL track. You are simping for a very bad business model. I'm looking at this from a new player perspective. Maybe put a warning label on the ARL tracks like "players are recommended not to purchase unless you are a pro with 2000+ hours in the game. So in combination with terrible physics and purposefully built un-rideable cool tracks that make people want to buy must = sImuLaTiOn smfh...

Regardless if you think the physics are good or not it is a sim game, and were the labels on the shop 'difficulty: hard' and mxb-mods 'pro' not enough? Do you want a large flashing warning on your screen when you click on ARL tracks?

The tracks are made specifically for people with stupid amounts of hours that are pro level, idk how you cant accept this. If you are not good enough then just don't play them. It is pretty simple...

If you are selling them then yes. If free then no. There are free tracks with the same labels so it's still misleading. Again poor business model, and yet agian making tracks for people with "stupid" hours in the game does not = sim sorry but it's true. Funny how armatures irl can make the same lines pros do in SX and granted no where near as fast but they can because the bikes are capable in anyone's hands. And the irl tracks aren't built to smash your face in but made to RACE on, and isnt it even funnier amateurs in this sim (lmao) can't make a right 180 into a small triple because and only because they didn't rail the top edge of a berm at 40mph where irl could be done at a standing stop what a joke, and don't get me started on how rediculous the whoop sections are. So again this is not a sim.

PizzaChet

Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 05:31:23 PM...how rediculous the whoop sections are. So again this is not a sim.
Keep in mind this is basically a one-man operation. You are one in a long line of folks who swear this should be easier to master and more approachable to "experienced" riders. If I had a nickel for every angry newbie to motocross sims, I'd have a whole shitload of nickels. Just git gud.  :o  8)
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Drock

February 08, 2023, 09:27:24 PM #11 Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:36:10 PM by Drock
Quote from: PizzaChet on February 08, 2023, 08:43:28 PM
Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 05:31:23 PM...how rediculous the whoop sections are. So again this is not a sim.
Keep in mind this is basically a one-man operation. You are one in a long line of folks who swear this should be easier to master and more approachable to "experienced" riders. If I had a nickel for every angry newbie to motocross sims, I'd have a whole shitload of nickels. Just git gud.  :o  8)

Ok so picture this... the SX tracks are created more real to life, ie: players can run all the lines because the tracks are scaled correctly and because as we know modern bikes are silly over powered for SX tracks as is. I still think the "throttle control" system is amazing. And now the other 98% of riders can actually run laps and enjoy "gitting gud" now you sell way more tracks, and more people want to race them. and this will blow your mind... the pros will still lap intermediates and intermediates will still lap beginners! I consider myself an intermediate I can run a 1.30 on paletav2 (I have 166 hours on the game) not bad but not great because I've been in many lobby where guys are running 1.20s... and you know what that's ok I still enjoy a track like that because I can repeat the track and learn. These ARL tracks have me leaving them after practicing just the whoop section for 2 hours trying every technique every bike setting just to realize who ever made the whoop section should never be aloud to again. I can't even run laps and figure out how to get faster because of the physics and a sadistic track builder. My frustration is out of love for this game and what it can be. Stop catering to the 2% when building tracks please. How about the fact that the game creator left out descriptions for numerous suspension settings lmao, what does "rod length" even do in this game? And yes I have googled it and piston rod length is the only thing that comes up.

Tommy

February 08, 2023, 10:13:32 PM #12 Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 10:17:06 PM by Tommy
Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 09:27:24 PM

Ok so picture this... the SX tracks are created more real to life, ie: players can run all the lines because the tracks are scaled correctly and because as we know modern bikes are silly over powered for SX tracks as is. I still think the "throttle control" system is amazing. And now the other 98% of riders can actually run laps and enjoy "gitting gud" now you sell way more tracks, and more people want to race them. and this will blow your mind... the pros will still lap intermediates and intermediates will still lap beginners! I consider myself an intermediate I can run a 1.30 on paletav2 (I have 166 hours on the game) not bad but not great because I've been in many lobby where guys are running 1.20s... and you know what that's ok I still enjoy a track like that because I can repeat the track and learn. These ARL tracks have me leaving them after practicing just the whoop section for 2 hours trying every technique every bike setting just to realize who ever made the whoop section should never be aloud to again. I can't even run laps and figure out how to get faster because of the physics and a sadistic track builder. My frustration is out of love for this game and what it can be. Stop catering to the 2% when building tracks please. How about the fact that the game creator left out descriptions for numerous suspension settings lmao, what does "rod length" even do in this game? And yes I have googled it and piston rod length is the only thing that comes up.

While I think both of you are right, there needs to be skill gap. If you want to reference IRL riding, I see Adam Cianciarulo jumping through whoops, compared to Chase Sexton who's probably "Mastered hitting whoops" due to his set up and how skilled he is in that part of the track. The one thing I will say about whoops is they shouldn't be so far apart. I watched the Track walk of this years A1 and the dude that was showing it off was still getting hoppy towards the end of them. The other thing you're not taking into account for Drock, is this game is still very much in beta and the thing I will give the track creators is on ground riding can be a little touchy at times especially with the whoops. None the less, I'm sure if this was a free "Product" you'd probably feel less likely to be upset. Paying 2$ to ride a track that is way above your skill level is ridiculous, and anyone that says "start with a easier track" is out of their minds, what tracks would you be even able to "Practice" on if everything that would be better to practice on is behind a pay wall. Also stop mentioning selling tracks dude, paying for Tracks that are replicas is extremely scummy, track building is an art, if someone stole your art and perfectly copied it and sold it for money I'm sure you wouldn't be happy...

Drock

Quote from: Tommy on February 08, 2023, 10:13:32 PM
Quote from: Drock on February 08, 2023, 09:27:24 PM

While I think both of you are right, there needs to be skill gap. If you want to reference IRL riding, I see Adam Cianciarulo jumping through whoops, compared to Chase Sexton who's probably "Mastered hitting whoops" due to his set up and how skilled he is in that part of the track. The one thing I will say about whoops is they shouldn't be so far apart. I watched the Track walk of this years A1 and the dude that was showing it off was still getting hoppy towards the end of them. The other thing you're not taking into account for Drock, is this game is still very much in beta and the thing I will give the track creators is on ground riding can be a little touchy at times especially with the whoops. None the less, I'm sure if this was a free "Product" you'd probably feel less likely to be upset. Paying 2$ to ride a track that is way above your skill level is ridiculous, and anyone that says "start with a easier track" is out of their minds, what tracks would you be even able to "Practice" on if everything that would be better to practice on is behind a pay wall. Also stop mentioning selling tracks dude, paying for Tracks that are replicas is extremely scummy, track building is an art, if someone stole your art and perfectly copied it and sold it for money I'm sure you wouldn't be happy...

Um jumping through whoops is sometimes just as fast if not faster irl.. but besides that why do I have to stop mentioning selling tracks again? They are actually selling tracks lmao, did they grab the licensing for the oems? If so get the track license and build replicas all you want.I don't care about paying for replicas as long as they are correct and not improperly scaled just to appease the 2000+hour crowd,the skill gap should be with the rider not built into the track end of story.

PizzaChet

Another very simple solution to this would be to avoid paid content. Unless you want to support a race series or creator by purchasing a season pass or paid content, you have tons of free content to choose from. You're wasting energy and time by going over the same ground so many before you have done in futility. The passion is great! Just accept the pace of development we currently have since nothing will realistically change that. Just chill and keep grinding like the rest of us! It's changed for the better gradually.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.