• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:34:25 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

I messed something up

Started by Passassin, February 23, 2023, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passassin

Hello all,

New to MX Bikes, having a great time for sure and finally not crashing every corner lol.

Not very tech savvy, I managed to get some get some tracks, some cool kits and helmets in the mods. Somehow I moved or deletes something and Uninstalled and deleted every file related to MX Bikes. Went to steam, added a new shortcut. Now none of the tracks or kits will load.

Any help, please?

teeds

No idea what might be broken with the game but it sounds like you got it done once before, so just start again and repeat it. If you rename the MXBikes folder in Docs and the install folder you'll be back to the beginning. You can also copy stuff from the old non working folders you renamed.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Passassin

Quote from: teeds on February 23, 2023, 04:53:21 PMNo idea what might be broken with the game but it sounds like you got it done once before, so just start again and repeat it. If you rename the MXBikes folder in Docs and the install folder you'll be back to the beginning. You can also copy stuff from the old non working folders you renamed.

Do you mean in MODS folder replace the TRACKS folder with a new one?

Thanks for the tip as well.

teeds

Quote from: Passassin on February 23, 2023, 05:57:22 PMDo you mean in MODS folder replace the TRACKS folder with a new one?

You could try replacing the mods folders, but I was referring to the MXBikes folder above that.

Consider this a backup option if all else fails - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKHrX0nNL8Y&t=14s
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Passassin

Quote from: teeds on February 23, 2023, 10:11:10 PM
Quote from: Passassin on February 23, 2023, 05:57:22 PMDo you mean in MODS folder replace the TRACKS folder with a new one?

You could try replacing the mods folders, but I was referring to the MXBikes folder above that.

Consider this a backup option if all else fails - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKHrX0nNL8Y&t=14s

Awesome! Thank you very much for all the help. This looks like my path.