• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:43:20 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Day of Release Race

Started by moto28, March 06, 2014, 02:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moto28

March 06, 2014, 02:01:49 AM Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:01:22 AM by moto28
Some Guys and i thought of a Day of Release race. We are Uncertain who will host it but we know it will most likely be limited to 14 Players. The idea was to have the race a few hours after release so we all have very little experience and its just a fun time. Please Let us know your thoughts!

MotoRogers499

I would host, but my internet is slowwww lol
Maybe Sandbiter can host, from EMF. When I originally thought of this, I didnt think about how it might not possible to host a race on first release, when nobody is going to have their own private server. Whatever public servers PiBoSo gives us, we would have to OK it with him, then say what server its going to be on, and first 14 get to race i guess. Then we post results on forums, for the first organized MXB race in history.

Also, when I said "5 mins after release" I really wasnt thinking. Lets do It still the same day of release, but later in the day.
6:00pm - 8:00pm est time ish? That way most people will be home, and ready. Plus 5 min after release is kinda hard to do. Whoever is hosting needs to get the release date from PiBoso to organize it and get everything ready.

If more than 14 people show up, we could do brackets. Signup on forums, just saying name you will be using in-game (not sure if theres going to be a ID code or what) then, divide up everyone into brackets of 14 after signups close (lock topic and additional questions to be PM'd to organizer) and then, not sure if you can lock servers or not, but make sure everyone thats supposed to be on the server is on, and everyone thats not supposed to be there is out. We would give each bracket 5-10 min to get on the server, ready. If not there in time, they may be able to go into another bracket. They do the race, and the amount of people moving on will depend on how many people show up. If we have 2 full 14 rider brackets, we take top 7 from each race and put them together for final. We will even brackets out before anything starts if some people dont show, or if there is only a few riders in the last bracket.

If we can work out a way to do this, it would be THE sickest thing ever. But realistically, its a little impossible sounding.
Maybe we can convince Snappe and PiBoSo to host/help host or help setup race.

I could organize the thread where people sign up and are put in brackets. We need some info from PiBoSo and Snappe though. We dont even know if we can make in-game names lol.

moto28

Yea that sounds lke a great idea.

DD

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 06, 2014, 02:29:50 AMWhoever is hosting needs to get the release date from PiBoso to organize it and get everything ready.
I see what you did there.

moto28

I just noticed that After you mentioned it. But ofcourse when the host hears about it he will have to inform his racers just so we can know when to be on ;)

MotoRogers499

Quote from: DD on March 06, 2014, 05:52:30 AM
Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 06, 2014, 02:29:50 AMWhoever is hosting needs to get the release date from PiBoso to organize it and get everything ready.
I see what you did there.
I wasnt trying to do anything, (for once)
Im serious, we cant just guess when to plan the event. I vote sandbiter hosts, if its ok with him. From hosting EMF stuff im sure he can handle all the stress xD

moto28

If sandbiter was willing i would be Down to let him host.

Ruubs

Not sure if I want to host. I'm pretty busy with MXSEMF and school already, since it's my exams year, I haven't got the most time in the world.
If I find time I defintly would like to host an event, even though I need information about servers, commands and other things that I need for a simple event.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 06, 2014, 10:54:05 PM
Not sure if I want to host. I'm pretty busy with MXSEMF and school already, since it's my exams year, I haven't got the most time in the world.
If I find time I defintly would like to host an event, even though I need information about servers, commands and other things that I need for a simple event.

This idea is pretty much in the dust right now. I still want to host a huge event in the early days of MXB though, no later than a month after alpha. It would be sick! Post all the results of the first organized event in MXB history on this forum, to have your name forever there.

moto28

Yea i understand completely sandbiter! Just let us know if you find time

mx43racing

my internet is up for it, and I would not mind hosting and indeed I would love to attend

Ruubs

Quote from: mx43racing on March 12, 2014, 07:10:08 AM
my internet is up for it, and I would not mind hosting and indeed I would love to attend
No need to. I'm going to host if I have the time for it.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 12, 2014, 02:27:48 PM

<33333

mx43racing

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 12, 2014, 03:41:19 PM

<33333

why thank you sir, and I can't wait to see you in the race. I really hope that I don't suck at the game right away... lol

MotoRogers499

March 12, 2014, 10:19:22 PM #14 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:21:24 PM by MotoRogers499
Quote from: mx43racing on March 12, 2014, 06:04:05 PM
Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 12, 2014, 03:41:19 PM

<33333

why thank you sir, and I can't wait to see you in the race. I really hope that I don't suck at the game right away... lol

Don't get too excited, although it would be awesome, we cant pressure the poor guy too much.
Sandbiter, just dont think about how..the whole community..wants this..and if you fail to provide....

haha jk, seriously i hope you have the time for this, but if not, im sure there are many more races to come from MXB :D