• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:44:32 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Sorry to be “that guy”

Started by Rainford96, May 05, 2023, 10:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainford96

Hi, It's been years since I messed with a pc game I last ran mx sim on my bog standard laptop about 10 years ago, a friend of mine just bought a gaming pc for his lad to play mx bikes on, so I went round and installed the newest OEM pack and some tracks/gear etc, but now I want to play it myself, I've been offered a laptop for next to nothing, it's an i5 processor with 8gb of ram and a nvidia gt540m, I was just wanting to know if I'll be able to play the game at a half decent quality on this? Obviously I'm not expecting mega graphics, but I just want to be able to throw some laps in when the kids are in bed, cheers

PizzaChet

As long as you mean that, you should be ok. You can mess with lower resolution with effects and stuff cranked, oooorrrr... you can turn up the resolution and turn down the texture res, AA and other effects and see what you like best. Framerate is what I usually go for then sneak up the settings until it starts to affect framerate. It's a compromise you have to decide on.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Rainford96

Thanks for the reply, fully expecting to have to compromise on some things, as long as I can get a playable frame rate I'm not too fussed, like I say i just want to be able to spin some laps as and when I can get chance, I've not got the time/space to dedicate to a full gaming pc setup so in my head a laptop half capable of running it would be ideal, cheers