• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:26:31 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Oculus Rift DK2

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 10:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

To enable Oculus Rift DK2 support, download the file oculus.dll and move it in the MX Bikes installation folder.

While on track, press Left Ctrl + R to reset the camera tracking position.

Clark139

thisisdef

It's a virtual reality "driver" or library to add oculus rift support for MX Bikes.

https://www.oculus.com/dk2/
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

PiBoSo

NorthEastMX

Just picked up the oculus DK2 .. I have it running perfect with the demo software. But... When I copy this .dll file into the mxbikes install folder it will not launch... I am running this on windows 10.. When I remove the dll, mxbikes runs fine on the monitor.

PiBoSo

Quote from: mxcobra on September 15, 2015, 05:29:25 AM
Just picked up the oculus DK2 .. I have it running perfect with the demo software. But... When I copy this .dll file into the mxbikes install folder it will not launch... I am running this on windows 10.. When I remove the dll, mxbikes runs fine on the monitor.

Please note that at the moment MX Bikes uses version 0.5 of the SDK.

NorthEastMX

Thanks ... I will verify tonight, I thought i was running 7 ..  so that may be the issue

NorthEastMX

My video driver is not supported with the older version of runtime/SDK .. Any idea when you guys will release the new version this will run on 7 ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: mxcobra on September 23, 2015, 02:05:46 AM
My video driver is not supported with the older version of runtime/SDK .. Any idea when you guys will release the new version this will run on 7 ?

No idea yet.
Supporting version 0.6 and newer of the SDK requires a rewrite, and at the moment the focus is mainly on physics.

NorthEastMX

Thanks for the update ... Bummer as I picked up the oculus DK2 just for this game... The youtube videos looks SICK !!  I will wait for the next update..   Thanks for the work on a new MX game !!  This is a nice mix of mxsim & MXvsATV ..   Looking forward for whats to come !

teeds

Any updates on SDK1.0 support Piboso (if you even have access to it)? I'm really hoping you'll get the leaning working with Rift positional tracking. I know you've been getting involved with Steam, so will you support Steam VR maybe or focus purely on the Rift. Be good to hear your stance on the subject.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on January 27, 2016, 01:17:47 PM
Any updates on SDK1.0 support Piboso (if you even have access to it)? I'm really hoping you'll get the leaning working with Rift positional tracking. I know you've been getting involved with Steam, so will you support Steam VR maybe or focus purely on the Rift. Be good to hear your stance on the subject.

Oculus support has been recently upgraded from the 0.6 SDK to the 0.8, for Beta4.
Unfortunately the minimum hardware requirements greatly increased, so at the moment it's impossible to tell if it works or not, even on the DK2  :-[

NorthEastMX

I got excited when i saw action on this old topic...  But looks like its back to stand by for Beta4 ... 

NorthEastMX

If you are looking for someone to test... Let me know :)  I have the DK2 sitting right on my desk !

Quote from: mxcobra on January 28, 2016, 07:23:15 PM
I got excited when i saw action on this old topic...  But looks like its back to stand by for Beta4 ...

teeds

If you have the PC to run it mxcobra, be great to see a video  :)

I've seen others claiming they're able to run some games that use 0.8 with CV1, hopefully this will mean general version backward compatibility, fingers crossed.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba