• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:21:27 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Oculus Rift DK2

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 10:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthEastMX

I have enough horse power to give it a try..  AMD Eightcore FX8150 over clocked, dual R9 280X cards. 16 gig RAM with SSD drive..   :) 

Quote from: teeds on January 29, 2016, 09:35:11 AM
If you have the PC to run it mxcobra, be great to see a video  :)

I've seen others claiming they're able to run some games that use 0.8 with CV1, hopefully this will mean general version backward compatibility, fingers crossed.

teeds

"A DK1 or DK2 game/demo will work in a CV1 only if they've been compiled using a recent SDK. Unfortunately, many of those apps/games were built using an old, out of date SDK, and never updated, so will not function in your CV1"

If this info is correct Pibs, could you say if your sims might work with CV1?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

NorthEastMX

I sold my DK2 .. made a decent profit on too..  paid 350 and went on ebay for 650.  Im going to wait for the CV1 to settle in.. and see how things go.  The DK2 was slick, but still has some refinement to make it easy to use.

acr21

Any chance this could work with MXBikes?

https://riftcat.com/

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 27, 2016, 08:53:32 PM
Oculus support has been recently upgraded from the 0.6 SDK to the 0.8, for Beta4.

Did we get a link for the 0.8 dll Pibs?

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on April 10, 2016, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 27, 2016, 08:53:32 PM
Oculus support has been recently upgraded from the 0.6 SDK to the 0.8, for Beta4.

Did we get a link for the 0.8 dll Pibs?

Unfortunately 0.8 is already outdated.
Work in progress to port to the 1.3 SDK.

teeds

Cheers, awaiting the next iteration  :)

NorthEastMX

Quote from: teeds on April 11, 2016, 12:22:26 PM
Cheers, awaiting the next iteration  :)

You and me both..  Waiting to get a CV-1 now ..    The next 2 years will be really cool with VR and moto racing ..   I have actually been considering a 3DOF bike simulator build.

Hooves

Hey there, I just got my Vive delivered.  Any chance of supporting that VR headset?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hooves on May 04, 2016, 01:23:49 AM
Hey there, I just got my Vive delivered.  Any chance of supporting that VR headset?

There are plans to add SteamVR support at some point.

teeds

May 12, 2016, 01:16:47 PM #25 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:19:03 PM by teeds
Quote from: PiBoSo on May 04, 2016, 01:38:14 AM
There are plans to add SteamVR support at some point.

This is good to hear, you working on Rift support is the only thing stopping me from cancelling my order with Oculus. With the Vive being a pretty similar bit of kit which includes superior room scale tracking from day 1 and Oculus's, shall we say, less than perfect launch along with them trying to build an exclusive online store based on a display, i'm inclined to support OpenVR/SteamVR ftw.

I've read about some pretty poor examples where if you and your mate have different HMDs and one buys the same game on the Oculus store and the other buys it from Steam, they cannot play online together which seems ridiculous in this day and age! Luckily some devs are giving customers keys for both stores.

teeds

I've seen you working on supporting both the Vive and Rift now Pibs. I'm curious, is positional tracking included in your latest VR updates?

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on June 17, 2016, 03:28:53 PM
I've seen you working on supporting both the Vive and Rift now Pibs. I'm curious, is positional tracking included in your latest VR updates?

Yes, positional tracking is included. It was even in the previous releases.

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 17, 2016, 03:59:59 PM

Good stuff. So will the tracked position have any bearing on lean at all in either of your 2 wheeled sims, or is it purely visual? For instance if in GPB I duck down will the virtual rider tuck in behind the screen?

BTW are you able to test with these HMDs yourself now? Got both myself, at last, and am more than willing to be a test guinea pig if you need one. Car and flight sims works really well with VR, here's hoping yours will be the same.

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on June 17, 2016, 05:05:43 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on June 17, 2016, 03:59:59 PM

Good stuff. So will the tracked position have any bearing on lean at all in either of your 2 wheeled sims, or is it purely visual? For instance if in GPB I duck down will the virtual rider tuck in behind the screen?

BTW are you able to test with these HMDs yourself now? Got both myself, at last, and am more than willing to be a test guinea pig if you need one. Car and flight sims works really well with VR, here's hoping yours will be the same.

At the moment tracking has no effect on the physics.

Snappe has a DK2.