• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:50:21 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on May 01, 2015, 04:56:17 PM
While riding practice track, normally make it 2 corners in after exiting the pits before the crash, no clients connecting / disconnecting as far as I can see..

Edit: Also tried lowering graphics

Online only, or in testing, too?

Tmax94

@Piboso

No 250 2 stroke and smoke pot bêta 3 ? :(

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Online only.. Started when I left the server to change bike from 250 - 350..

I'm finding something strange though:

It was running fine when I was on the 250
I exited and changed to 350 and started experiencing crashes
Changed back to 250, but every time I join server I'm back on a 350
When MXB starts after crash, I go to garage and sure enough I'm on a 250, but when joining server I'm back on 350 again.. Then crash

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on May 01, 2015, 05:08:11 PM
Online only.. Started when I left the server to change bike from 250 - 350..

I'm finding something strange though:

It was running fine when I was on the 250
I exited and changed to 350 and started experiencing crashes
Changed back to 250, but every time I join server I'm back on a 350
When MXB starts after crash, I go to garage and sure enough I'm on a 250, but when joining server I'm back on 350 again.. Then crash

Thank you for the report.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

No problem, hope it helps

PiBoSo

Quote from: Tmax94 on May 01, 2015, 05:06:00 PM
@Piboso

No 250 2 stroke and smoke pot bêta 3 ? :(

No 2 stroke, since the engine sound wasn't good enough.
Exhaust smoke is already supported for mods.

Tmax94

Why did videos in this case ?

QuoteExhaust smoke is already supported for mods.

What mods ??

Dan

After test beta 3 :
- no crash (only tested practice offline mode)
- very unstable bike (in comparison to the beta 2 )
- the front wheel picks unrealistically
- the view is too oriented on the handlebars (it would be nice to have the option of setting it)
- the low-speed steering is correct
- sitting view is good (I only play cockpit view)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Dan on May 01, 2015, 07:20:21 PM
- the view is too oriented on the handlebars (it would be nice to have the option of setting it)

Which one of the 2 onboard views are you using?
It is possible to set the pitch for both in MX Bikes -> Settings -> Simulation -> Cockpit View

GDUBMX

Thanks for the update Piboso. I have noticed an immense increase on my CPU tho and its similar to GPB now where it takes ages to select different skins. That's a shame about the 2 stroke, clearly you and Snappe both felt the sound wasn't good enough or you wouldn't of listened to a minority and released it regardless. I was looking forward to that the most lol. The game could do with a slower bike I feel (come forth modders ;) ) and there seems like an insane amount of rear end traction now. Or it may be where I haven't played in ages.
Either way I'm really happy with the beta, love the animations. Great work :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

MXK_cdub85

Quote from: gdubmx on May 01, 2015, 07:33:32 PM
I have noticed an immense increase on my CPU tho and its similar to GPB now where it takes ages to select different skins.

Same here...I have a 5930K i7 and a gtx980. It takes a tremendous amount of time longer to load bikes, skins, menus, tracks everything. Even the mouse cursor while doing replays, menu navigation, etc. its very choppy. I also had to go from 4k with everything maxed with well over 60fps to 1080p with 3d grass off to get 60fps  :'(. I have the latest drivers. Only happened since switching to beta 3.

ChrisK

May 01, 2015, 08:17:29 PM #71 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:42:54 PM by ChrisK
hmm
q6600 quad core "maybe 6 years old or older?" nvidia gtx 260 and 4gb ram, playing full hd and no problems.
guys practice more beta 3 is realy good u just need to practice more, the first hour i also was thinking beta 3 is bader then 2.

i had much fund today with teeds and more player on the server making ruts and racing.

the bikes are not to fast, dont give full throttle if u cant handle it and fall.

best lap time i see today 2:16 from teeds.

give us the 2 stroke and update the sound later

edit: just name the bike "beta" :)

edit2: ups didnt read the 4k :D, ok that r luxury problems ;)

Asdrael

For some reason, it started working at the third reinstall.

Great job, it feels much better after getting used to the "new" physics for a bit. I simply love the deformation. I'll play more before I give in depth feedback, but currently I feel like there is still too much inertia when hitting jumps not perfectly straight, and I'll appreciate a "max rider position" setting. Back is too far back, front is too far front currently, making moving around the bike very jerky.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

moto28

May 01, 2015, 10:30:28 PM #73 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:36:27 PM by moto28
Quote from: PiBoSo on May 01, 2015, 07:24:27 PM
Quote from: Dan on May 01, 2015, 07:20:21 PM

Which one of the 2 onboard views are you using?
It is possible to set the pitch for both in MX Bikes -> Settings -> Simulation -> Cockpit View

After this update, the view for me is messed up aswell. i can see the riders arms when he leans forward. i dont understand how to fix this issue.

EDIT: I just discovered i too have the crashing problem once online.

ChrisK

use the second 1st person few.

senensis, use gain to lock the controller input, maybe to half way so the rider lean only half way