• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:00:54 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisisdef

I wash my front end out a lot. Not sure if that's a problem or if I just suck =P
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

PiBoSo

Quote from: kamloops on May 02, 2015, 06:39:47 PM
Also, in the gfx file, the dir section of exhaust is the coordinate of an unitary vector (which indicate the direction of smoke) ?

"Dir" is the vector of the exhaust exit.
To generate smoke the following section must be added to "exhaust":

smoke
{
top_rpm = 4000
max_rpm = 5000
}

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I can't mess around with it until later, but was wondering if smoke wasn't included and on as default?

kamloops

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 02, 2015, 07:27:33 PM
"Dir" is the vector of the exhaust exit.
To generate smoke the following section must be added to "exhaust":

smoke
{
top_rpm = 4000
max_rpm = 5000
}

Ok, great, thank you very much for the answer.

Quote from: TheFatController on May 02, 2015, 07:43:30 PM
I can't mess around with it until later, but was wondering if smoke wasn't included and on as default?
Maybe because a 4T don't smoke.

arnzzz

May 02, 2015, 07:48:18 PM #94 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:54:56 PM by arnzzz
Quote from: Clark139 on May 02, 2015, 07:08:55 PM
The bike feels like its a sport bike put on a dirt bike track. If you ride like that its fine but whiping the back end out of a corner and taking tight corners are almost impossible

I still cannot get the back end out when i try. my front end just washes out when i try it :(

also MXB is crahing before i can get a full lap done on the practice track when on the online server.

Clark139

Same for me. I absolutely love the track deformation prob best ive seen and can actually ride and stick in line when grooved enough. Just physics need the most work still imo

thisisdef

Quote from: TheFatController on May 02, 2015, 07:43:30 PM
\

Recompile your track XD
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

KaseoDip

Whenever I try to join the online server I just get "connected" and nothing happens.

KaseoDip

I also put "deformation_multiplier=10" and it was a nightmare haha

Clark139

KaseoDip

Sorry I don't know how to write this out properly but I'll try. Go to "My Documents/Piboso/Mxbikes/profile/unnamedprofile/profile" and scroll to the bottom and type in

[testing]
deformation_edit=1
deformation_multiplier=10

Make sure each is on a separate line.

Asdrael

May 03, 2015, 12:32:10 PM #101 Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:34:56 PM by senensis
Been playing way too much this week end, and I have to say it has come a long way since Beta1. However, I reached a point where I only fall because of the front wheel washing out. I tried changing tires, fiddling with suspensions, putting weight on/off the front, more/less braking force, more/less gas, etc etc but it still feels like this:
http://gyazo.com/f982986674cfe97878f746c1f8660e6c

The best I can express it is  that it feels like the back wheel is a superbike wheel, and the front wheel is a race tire on grass. I'm not sure what parameter in the physics is causing it to behave like this though. Maybe the force required to make it slip is too low, and make it grip again too high, or the influence of bulldozing terrain on the lateral grip too low? I'm at loss here.

Edit: I'm actually genuinely interested on how you model the contact between tires and terrain. Are tires modelled as a flat torus or does it take into account the 3D inprints on MX tires for contact/grip calculations?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

ChrisK

i dont have the problem that my front tire wash out, my problem is more that my front tire "lock complete in" like my rider have no muscles and cant hold the handlebar straight :D

what realy would help is a steering damper, a steering damper is not unrealistic many use them in rl.

yesterday i tried to ride "easy", no full throttle etc. i had more then 5 clean laps in a row, with 2.14 best time, when i ride like a psycho my best time is 2:21 and i cant run more then 1-2 clean laps.

sorry for my english, its not getting better :D

HornetMaX

I do like the improvents in beta3 !

The deformation is really nice. I'm under the impression it depends a bit too much on the force the tire is generating: if you crank up the multiplier even a bit (3-5) you start seeing traces that are more 'dash-dotted' than continuous, as if the deformation would take place only where the tire is actually pushing (or as if the rear was coming really of the ground quite a lot).

In 3rd person view (yeah I know,not the way it's meant to be played) it's really a pleasure to watch the rear bounce around when the surface is not that flat.

Still some weirdness in the front (losing it in unexpected manner) and I still suck on jumps and in the air, but that could be my fault.

MaX.

P.S.
I had like 2hrs offline and maybe 30min online, no crash at all for me. Have been stuck on the "connect" once though.

RFX_corentin_12

WHY I CAN'T FUKING PLAY ONLINE? I'M STILL BLOCKED ON THE CONNECTED... SCREEN