• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:13 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanebell618

Quote from: bearded4glory on May 07, 2015, 02:28:30 AM
if I hold the stick at a constant position and then go from flat ground to a berm all of a sudden the rider leans way more.

This bothers me as well

teeds

Quote from: bearded4glory on May 07, 2015, 02:28:30 AM
One thing that is bugging me is that if I hold the stick at a constant position and then go from flat ground to a berm all of a sudden the rider leans way more.  It is very unpredictable, it feels like it is based on the angle of the ground instead of from vertical.

Think I've just been working around this while cornering but I know what you mean. I think the same effect is at work when I reset on a slope of some sort because then, as you say, the rider tries to keep the bike at right angles to the ground until you start moving. Worst case is the angle is so steep that the rider immediately falls off because the bike's leant over so much, you just have to hope you spawn in a different place next time or it's a back to the pit job.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Tmax94

Quote from: TheFatController on May 01, 2015, 02:26:06 PM
Will release the helmet template soon, then you need MaXhud plugin and you need to alter your FOV

It will come out when ??

MUD

After several dozen laps these are my thoughts so far

Pros
1) The power increase to the bikes is awesome, the 250f is spot on with real life
2) The physics are spot on, the rider lean made a huge improvement
3) The deformation works good for a 1st iteration

Cons)
1) Rut compaction is definitely needed, Rut accumulation too
2) A working dab would help a lot on high speed corner exits
3) The rutted areas on the deformation on the wet tracks kind looks funny, looks like somebody followed the bike around with a can of white spray paint

Reset button
It'd be cool if there was an option to disable automatic on-track respawn when using the reset.
When it's disabled, press Reset and respawn where you are, Hold it for 5 seconds and respawn on track.

jlou5641

I test this new Beta..

There some good improvement, like in jump, but the bike and rider work like a gpbikes too much yet... Sorry, but the rider have foam arm... Like he have no force in his arm... It feel like is the bike which interact with the rider, and not the rider witch interact with the bike. I think, the worst work to do, is on starting rolling bike and low speed stabilization, before to do other thing...

So keep working!  ;)

7HUND3R

management with the Xbox 360 pad is very difficult.

giopanda

beta 3 looks like a big step up!
didn't have time to test it in depth (and honestly couldn't do as well on beta 2) but i really like it!
only problem i'm having is that after a couple of laps in some turns the bike starts rattling and bumping and it's almost impossible to control it unless you slow down to almost stop (i don't know how to explain with better words and can't record a video now).

and how can i have this 'track conditions' slider at 4.22?
https://youtu.be/NzorINMj2wg?t=4m22s

teeds

Quote from: giopanda on May 10, 2015, 09:22:43 AM
and how can i have this 'track conditions' slider at 4.22?
https://youtu.be/NzorINMj2wg?t=4m22s

That video was from 19 April which would make it beta2, so I guess that slider has been removed in beta3.

Tmax94

Quote from: TheFatController on May 01, 2015, 02:26:06 PM
Will release the helmet template soon, then you need MaXhud plugin and you need to alter your FOV

You count out the camera some day ??

teeds

Got some weird deformation just now  ???

𝖙𝖋𝖈

22Ryann

I've tried beta 3 but i'm still completely dieing out there.

Is the default settings something that guys are being able to ride? or are you guys spending hours tweaking them still?

GDUBMX

I think I lowered my direct lean slightly and just hardened suspension. That's it.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

teeds

I don't think the stock set is too bad, maybe a bit bouncy on hard landings. Here's what I use on Paleta, it's not far from stock on the suspension but I think it's the tyre choice that can make more difference to handling - Paleta Setup

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Personally find anything less than 100% direct lean too unpredictable. But you get used to what works for you. Go to the extremes of the settings to find out how they work then tweak them.