• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:02:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Can we skin these?

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, May 14, 2015, 05:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey hey,

Just wondering if there is any way to skin the protections, and also the rider skin? (Not the gear, the actual riders skin).. I'm not racist by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm also not black and like to ride as myself I guess..

Thanks  :D

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on May 14, 2015, 05:29:01 PM
Hey hey,

Just wondering if there is any way to skin the protections, and also the rider skin? (Not the gear, the actual riders skin).. I'm not racist by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm also not black and like to ride as myself I guess..

Thanks  :D

At the moment protections cannot be painted. It is only possible to add new models.
The face is in the texture "face_parts", but there is no template for it.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK great, I'll have a play, thanks!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK I'm stumped, how would I go about adding a blank skin coloured texture for face_parts ? I figured I'd best ask instead of wasting a bunch of time trying to get it working lol.. Sorry

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Completely forgot about this but just added a solid green 512 texture called 'face_parts' to a folder and packed it, and it worked fine and coloured the neck green. But how about the face itself? 'face_parts' only seems to skin the neck.

Also, didn't want to start a new topic for this but is it possible to make any parts of a (specifically bike) texture invisible/transparent? I've tried alpha which didn't work, just showed black. Some games in the past have used (not sure if this is the right term) a colour key? Pink for example, 255, 0, 255 would be transparent..

Thanks.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Bump!

PiBoSo / Snappe, would it be possible to get the UV for 'face_parts' ?

Snappe

Ohhhh-kay

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Aha! That explains so much  ::)

Many thanks!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

While we're at it  ;D..

Any chance we could get templates for the protections both neck and chest?

GDUBMX

I'll hijack this thread, Piboso or anyone know if we can we skin the tires?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

StoneRider

there is a wheels psd somewhere in the forum. just put it in your bike paint file nammed as "wheels" :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yeah that's for the wheels, what about the tyres themselves?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on April 21, 2016, 02:21:19 PM
While we're at it  ;D..

Any chance we could get templates for the protections both neck and chest?

At the moment it's not possible to paint the protections.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK thanks.. Consider me teased! :)