• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:21:55 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

TFC's Track Creation Tutorials

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, September 15, 2015, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

When i import it asks me the settings, wich i dont have a clue wich they are  ;D
the image looks black and white but not as it should, just 100% black and 100% white and in round patterns, werid...

Sorry about not reading the last post, didnt knew it was that exact issue you where talking about, then i should soften the track in l3dt i guess  ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sounds like you're importing it with no min / max altitude. Try doing horizontal scale = 1, then min 0 and max 10.

You can then make it 0 and 5 if it's too tall, or 0 and 20 if it's too flat. Just experiment and try and get it as close as you think it looks in mxb. Remember that L3DT doesn't determine the height of it in MXB, so get it as close as possible to work on.

You can get it bang on with MXB scale. Just import something as horizontal scale 1 then go to Operations > Heightfield > Resize Heightfield and put in your MXB horizontal scale. Then go Operations > Heightfield > Change Vertical Range and use 0 for first and whatever your map vertical scale is in MXB.

The problem doing this though, is it doesn't give you much size to work with in L3DT.. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean :)

Mace-x

yeah, i actually setted the vertical and horizontal height.

Horizontal is 0.8 (800m) and vertical is 22 in mxb, but i did 44 in l3dt in order to see the features better, if raw is stepped aswell then i can keep using my png import, there would be no difference, i´ll try the "Heightmap Smooth" and see if that helps  :)

Thanks for the help fats!

MUD

Quote from: Mace-x on May 09, 2016, 03:02:39 PM
Fats, i have a issue with l3dt.
if i import my heightmap.raw it doesnt read it right, when i convert it to .png i can import it and work on it but it´s stepped like this.

Any tips?
to export it is fine, works great.
i´m digging the terramodeling tools, if it had a better viewport performance would be a great program.

I looked at the L3DT forums and found this
http://www.bundysoft.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=793

and this
http://www.bundysoft.com/docs/doku.php?id=l3dt:formats:specs:raw#mode

It says "In the Export Wizard you should press options, and set it to RAW and 16-bit unsigned (full range)"

I've never used the program though, so I can't be of much help.

Mace-x

That´s nice of you, thanks a lot mate!  :)
Will start working on a enduro track i was working on, will try that import settings!  ;D
What fats mentioned about the heightmap smoothing worked pretty good tho, had to fix some stuff here and there but nothing huge, thanks! 

BadStar

June 18, 2016, 10:51:53 PM #80 Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:55:54 PM by BadStar
bump..too good to let go to the next page :)

Next vid - one simple block exported into mapview, ftw.     ;)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks for the reminder ;D

Maybe this topic could be stickied? Will look at adding more soon.

Snappe

Quote from: TheFatController on June 19, 2016, 11:45:38 AM
Maybe this topic could be stickied?

Done! Should have been stickied ages ago  :-[

BadStar

Thx Snappe!!   This is a GREAT tutorial!

PhilliaN's text guide is also a major help to us newbs!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

BadStar

L3DT question:

Is it possible to edit heightmap with 3d tools and see my texture/track overlay or am I forced to edit on the green surface?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sure, just go to file - import texture map (or something like that) then when your editing your track go to view - textured ;)

BadStar

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Would you or anyone add a video or a text guide to the next step in your tutorials?.. I hope to add content to mxb but somewhere I seem to be skipping a step to get objects to show up in mapview.

Video or text guide

just make 1 single no texture box type object and view it in mapview on a flat heightmap.. and I am good to go from there! ahhhh (im going crazy)

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

October 20, 2016, 07:44:59 PM #89 Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:48:07 PM by BadStar
Well... to my  :o I got an object to work in-game, finally!

New Issue To Solve (then I can finally make content)

The single box I made, finally showed up. It showed up along with the entire terrain as an object (which I see now, I should "hide" the terrain before export)

The terrain and box were out of scale in mapview?

-I exported the heightmap with the same scale as hmf/tht
-Imported mesh in meters

What could be off?

I'm so close to making this work!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime