• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:15 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

TFC's Track Creation Tutorials

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, September 15, 2015, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

And if you're sneaky.. Like me.. Then when your trial runs out you might just want to sign up again using a different e-ma.. Wait, no forget I said anything  ::)

pacopastor34

Really helpful Fatcontroller. I learned so much with geo basic tutorials and those tips complete what I learned before. Congrats, I hope you keep posting tips. I would love a very short video explaining to export from L3DT to Obj. With the same scale that the game in order to be able to put the objects.

Arenacross tracks are coming.... :D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sorry paco, you sent me a pm about this. I read it and was going to reply when I was at my pc but completely forgot. I'll happily make a vid in that too.

philiaN

Heightmap version 0.02 :)

Fats, did you try to do all jumps in one project? i made more gradients for the jumps now, so i can set the height in ps (opacity). i can imagine if i do it with only one gradient, the jumps like the whoop section has to less information (grayscale), otherwise they are more black. :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Wow that's one way of doing it lol.. No I have never done that, like I said I usually just do all my stuff in L3DT using the same method I made the tutorial for building jumps. You can do it like that but if it was me I'd rather have all my jumps as separate layers I can move around. In PSP or Gimp I use the screen layer to get rid of the black, in Gimp you can apply 'Colour to Alpha' for each jump to get rid of the black, not sure about PS as I hate it :P

philiaN

Yep, all jumps in one project isnt so good :) All the rotation and stuff.. and for future projects it would be better to have it in seperate projects, too.

So, i will start again with ver. 0.01 :)) But i have to say that i learned so much in just one day :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

First post updated to add exporting mesh from L3DT.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Good to know Phil, and you will learn your own ways of doing things. All these tutorials show things I've mostly learned myself and methods I use which others might not find easiest, but for people just starting out I think they are some of the most useful things to know. Of course I never would have found learning how to create tracks so simple if it wasn't for Geo's tutorials!

philiaN

btw. i can't watch the first tutorial, cause of the song (gema/germany), i have to use a vpn. the second seems to work. maybe u can always use this song or better without any song :))

𝖙𝖋𝖈

...but I like my cheesy music lol

Maybe it would be better if I picked a YouTube soundtrack.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

First post updated with basic geolocation to heightmap tutorial. No music phil... absolutely silent.. hope you're happy :P

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on April 26, 2016, 08:56:24 AM
Sorry paco, you sent me a pm about this. I read it and was going to reply when I was at my pc but completely forgot. I'll happily make a vid in that too.

No prob man, thank you very much for your work, very good this last video,It is the perfect answer to my question. That was one of the last details that i hadn't got quite clear. Thank you again mate.

Good music man!

philiaN

April 26, 2016, 07:52:59 PM #43 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:23:40 AM by philiaN
wow, i didnt expect that it is "so easy" :D

geo's and your tutorials will definitely help us beginners :)

and thank you that you changed the music :)

(@pibs/snappe please pin that thread)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

April 27, 2016, 08:59:35 AM #44 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:02:59 AM by TheFatController
No problem.. Just looking forward to seeing some new tracks!.

..You guys made any yet?