• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:22:15 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

will tracks need to be recompiled for beta 4?

Started by [GH]Cody, October 08, 2015, 05:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[GH]Cody

Mace-x

i dont think so, the main reason for recompiling was terrain deformation, and if b4 doesnt change anything in that matter it should stay the same, like b1 and b2.  :)

i might be wrong tho  :-X

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hopefully there will be changes to deformation but fingers crossed that doesn't affect the track compiling.

B3 tracks will need testing for scale and layout with new physics though.

PiBoSo

Quote from: gokitty199 on October 08, 2015, 05:57:58 PM
as the title asks. thank you.

No recompiling is needed for Beta4.
No more file format changes are planned for the future.

BadStar

Hey fat, your tracks and many others don't seem to be work for beta 3(which I understand). Are u planning to make some at some point, because your tracks look great.

I've only found 4-5 tracks online for beta 3.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

Fats has some sat waiting for the public but is holding off to see if beta 4 is good enough to handle them, if not he will likely edit some of them to accommodate beta 4s physics. Rest assured though as some of us have the privilege to be a or to play and test all his tracks before public release and I can't safely say that his tracks are far,far better than any of the tracks you have or are currently riding. Just gotta wait for beta 4 though to play them. You can often see upcoming tracks,skins,models by following some of us on YouTube.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Snappe

They don't have to be recompiled, however.... I made a mistake with the example track material layers. They are upside-down. Now I fear that everyone's tracks are also wrong. So if you all fancy fixing my mistake in your .tht file then that would be great  :-[

Compact soil should be the bottom layer (material_layer0). In the current example track it's at the top.

Sorry! I'll be updating the example track soon.

teeds

December 03, 2015, 08:16:50 PM #8 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:15:02 AM by teeds
Have you had a ride with the layers the right way up Snappe? Interested to know if things behave differently.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba