• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:07:10 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Cloning and Altering Bikes

Started by Wedgewood, November 17, 2015, 03:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wedgewood

Hi There,  I don't have the skills/knowledge to design a bike however I'd like to make small changes to the existing bikes using only the text files.  My problem is that either only the cloned bike or the original shows up but I can't get both of them to show up at the same time.  I have the bikes.pkz unpacked and am using the bike folders there to clone.  I will take the 250 and make slight changes to the geometry but leave the file names the same except for the bike folder.  I use the .ini file to rename the bike and give it a new ID so I don't have 2 with the same name.  When I open the game it only shows one 250 bike available and is usually the original not altered bike.  If i delete the original 250 folder it will then let me use the altered bike but sometimes randomly even with my altered version as the only one in the folder it will only let me use the default bike.  So my question is how can I have both of these bikes available to choose.  Is there another file other than the .ini file that I should be also changing the name or do I have to go through all the files and names and replace "250" with a new name? 

PiBoSo

The INI and CFG files must be renamed to match the folder's name.
Also, the CFG file must be edited to change the ID to match the folder's name.

Wedgewood

I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work.  If I extract bikes.pkz and then remove it from the folder than it will let me use a cloned bike but will only show if the folder is still named 250xf and will not coexist with the original bike.  When I change the folder name it will not show up and if I leave bikes.pkz in the install folder it will only show the original 250 and not the cloned version. 

Wedgewood

I ditched what bike I was trying to alter and re-cloned the 250 with the proper name changed and it worked.  I'm thinking I may have corrupted the cfg. or the gfx file on my previous attempt

PiBoSo

Quote from: wedgewood on November 19, 2015, 03:20:37 PM
I ditched what bike I was trying to alter and re-cloned the 250 with the proper name changed and it worked.  I'm thinking I may have corrupted the cfg. or the gfx file on my previous attempt

Good to know.

grimm

On topic of cloning and altering bikes, can I release this "SM Bikes" pack, say, in the "physics" section of the forum since it's completely made up of altered engine and chassis numbers and all the stock (cloned) bikes now have supermoto wheels and tires from the 450SM on them. Nothing 3rd party, just a zipped pack of add on Supermoto section bikes that do not alter the bikes that come with the game.

Here is a video of them just for reference. If I can put this up for download that would be really cool to have two stroke and four stroke supermoto lap battles. The 500 at the beginning of the video is incredibly fun and rather realistic! Beta4 has gone above and beyond expectation.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/v/vPW1nsyAi0s
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

Mace-x

That pack!
The 2 strokes 500 bike must be a beast!
or the 650 on a high speed gearing on the green hell  ;D

Docfumi

Quote from: grimm on March 06, 2016, 05:37:08 AM
I release this "SM Bikes" pack, .............

PLEASE! Would love to try these bikes.

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Docfumi

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

JJS209

grimm

I've got one last tester to send the current pack to (work is taking up a bunch of time so I haven't gotten to the final changes) but once I get the gearing and chassis weights to a more realistic level for the 500 two stroke and the 650 four stroke I will repack the entire set (with proper names, currently just place holders to determine the Piboso 450 from the gambit of other supermoto bikes) I'll put up a download for the final pack. Shouldn't be more than a day or two. I would say Friday at latest.  :)

The pack includes, but isn't limited to:

125 2t SM
250 2t SM
350F SM
500 2t SM
650F SM

(might do a dirt version of the 500 two stroke, and a XR400R style enduro setup as well, give them an "Enduro" category so they are not mixed up with other bikes that came with the game)

They are purely cloned default bikes with altered specs attempting to get as close to real life bikes as possible. I am not a modeler, and the way Piboso designed GP Bikes and MX Bikes makes it so that even someone as limited in knowledge as I am, is able to understand how to alter things to get the right results. All bikes use the exact same supermoto wheel/tire files as well, taken directly from the default 450, and I have not altered that one what so ever.

So that's what I know for now. Expect Friday/Saturday to be the day I put up a download link (in a new thread). I would release it as it is, but the confusion of an update mere days after an early release makes me lean toward just finishing the last few things that need to be done.  8)

Snappe

On topic of cloning and altering bikes, can I release this "SM Bikes" pack, say, in the "physics" section of the forum since it's completely made up of altered engine and chassis numbers

Perhaps you could post only the files that you modded? It could help bike makers releasing complete new bikes!

grimm

Quote from: Snappe on March 09, 2016, 05:07:29 PMPerhaps you could post only the files that you modded? It could help bike makers releasing complete new bikes!

That's all it is, just modded numbers on the stock bikes with the wheel/tire part pointed at the SM wheels from the 450 rather than the dirt wheels. I figured by opening a thread it would allow me to give a nice first post explanation of the parts of the files modified (not a whole lot) and how to change things to fit completely new models. Just saw the CR500 posted up and was thinking that the "pack" I have been working on could be used by modders so they could replace the cloned Piboso models with new 3rd party models. More or less I'm trying to create a base group of Supermoto's so that modders can just use the physics files as a starting point.

The lack of new bikes is the entire reason I have even been working on this. Piboso did an amazing job with Beta4, and the supermoto gave me a taste of how great it could be to have a larger range of displacement sizes and weights of bikes overall without going too far or over the top with changing things so that the real modders can take over from a good starting point.  :)

JJS209

Quote from: Snappe on March 09, 2016, 05:07:29 PM
On topic of cloning and altering bikes, can I release this "SM Bikes" pack, say, in the "physics" section of the forum since it's completely made up of altered engine and chassis numbers

Perhaps you could post only the files that you modded? It could help bike makers releasing complete new bikes!
good news!
i am able to copy and paste :)

gimme that nice SMs now  ::)

BadStar

All I can think of now is an XR for enduro...PLEASE! !!!!

XR + a couple enduro tracks ftw!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime