• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:09:08 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

FBX converter

Started by AUSSIEDIRT, November 20, 2015, 10:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUSSIEDIRT

Hi Guys ,

I'm having a issue with the FBX Converter (Fbx2Edf.exe),
I converted my first object (Infield.fbx) and it converts perfectly no issue so I moved onto exporting my Walls and this is where I have struck errors when I got to convert my walls to edf the Converter crashes,  ive even attached my walls to the infield object that converts perfectly but after attaching it the object the infield refuses to convert and promptly crashes. this leads me to think theres something wrong with that object , could it be something to do with my materials? or naming?
just to clarify I'm working on a track for WRS however it relates to MXbikes as I'm building speedways thus using the same techniques

Thanks

Aussi

Mace-x

Hi aussie, hope you can fix your issue, i have no input on it tho since i have not imported custom objects to my tracks yet  :(
Good luck!  ;D

AUSSIEDIRT

Got it working on one of my tracks, I'm rebuilding one of my objects in a hope it will make it work

Snappe

Looking good! If you find out why it would not convert properly, please let us know to help us improve the converter.

Thanks!

AUSSIEDIRT

November 25, 2015, 01:06:18 AM #4 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:08:31 AM by AUSSIEDIRT
Okay so the converter stops working if you have to many textures within a multi/sub so I work to five textures per multi/sub and its been working fine plus it means I get to separate my objects a bit more

MUD

Alright... so... I'm having problems getting objects in game

Built a box in 'Sketchup'. Edited info name to "TRKASPHmudblock". Saved .dae with the 3 options. Used 'Autodesk FBX Converter'.

Now when I run 'fbx2edf' I get an error:
ERROR: object TRKASPHmudblock with no matching parent.

The first .bat just stalls if I try to get it to go further.

Any Ideas as to why the error?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I had nothing but trouble with Autodesk cbc, instead there's a neat program called sket2fbx.. Couple of dollars but works every time.

Steven

It looks like the "no matching parent" error isn't a problem. If the exporter doesn't crash, its alright. It also lists your object so there should be something in the .edf.

What do you mean with "The first .bat just stalls ..."? Can you give a few more details - do the .bats work properly without the .edf? Does it crash or just take long?

MUD

The scenerey.edf is less than 1 MB (just 1 object for testing purposes). The first .bat loads up and the text in the prompt shows up like it's running, but even after waiting 10 times longer than when the object isn't being implemented, the .bat does nothing with the text still visible.

Steven

December 19, 2015, 11:41:25 AM #9 Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:38:50 PM by Steven
Strange ... I tried to reproduce, so I created a box in Sketchup, applied textures, exported as .dae, used Blender to convert to .fbx and then converted to .edf. This worked with the .bats. Then I tried the Autodesk Converter (downloaded fbx20133_converter_win_x64.exe) to convert to fbx and it also worked. I left "Destination Format" at "FBX 2013 ..." and tried both ASCII and Binary (with Blender ASCII is necessary). There always was the box on the map at the end. Maybe a few things you could try:

• convert the .fbx to .map and use map viewer to see what is in there and if there is something strange already
  • look for another tool to convert or try the one TheFatController mentioned
  • try Blender to convert
  • generally I would start as easy as possible (a plain small heightmap, one layer) to see what exactly might be wrong and to have a short conversion time
I hope you can take something out of this.