• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:09:01 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

How does everyone do in-game??

Started by Ashien, August 29, 2015, 05:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashien

I play sim, a lot! I build my own trails, and when I saw MXB had enduro, I had to get back into the game. I suck, badly. Are you guys able to really put it down hard? Can you fly around the track like you can in sim? Is the physics limiting us, or is it just I need to sink more time into the game?

If its me, how do I get better with smoothness.
Ride, ride now and ride as fast as you can and dont look back...unless your taunting

GDUBMX

Quote from: Ashien on August 29, 2015, 05:22:03 AM
I play sim, a lot! I build my own trails, and when I saw MXB had enduro, I had to get back into the game. I suck, badly. Are you guys able to really put it down hard? Can you fly around the track like you can in sim? Is the physics limiting us, or is it just I need to sink more time into the game?

If its me, how do I get better with smoothness.
TBH, its probably a mixture of both. No, you cannot flow and rip like you can in Mx Sim due to the physics. and the fast guys (im not one of them) have sunk alot of time into the limiting physics and kinda made the best out of what they can type deal. IMO the game in its current state is still not close to that "flow feeling" like i get from say MX Sim. (me personally) hopefully Beta 4 will address alot of the issues with regards to the limiting.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

See I think you can throw it around. It's all about how much time you want to put in to a beta that might change dramatically. I put a lot of time into beta 2 and was able to shred about on my own tracks so by the time beta 3 came it was easy to adapt.

articwolf01

From a new person to MXB going from MXS. I cannot set a fast lap. I thought I could pick up the game a little easier then I did with MXS, but this is truly a challenge for me. I have put some good hours in this game (wife doesn't really approve of that lol) to find a good controller set up for me. I'm struggling with that.

From a new guys point of veiw, throwing down hard laps is not something you want to do immediately. Controller set up is the first thing you should focus on. MXS only has a sit dab position and moving your rider forward and backwards. MXB has that, plus moving your rider left and right. Once I find my controller set up, I'm working on turns. There's so many ways you can take a turn just because of the full body rider positioning. It's nuts!

So with all that writing to answer a question. In my opinion, you just need to put in a lot of time. I know I need to learn a lot more about the game, I hope I'm not coming off as a know it all...