• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:19:02 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Replay for video creation/editing..??

Started by BadStar, December 03, 2015, 01:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

I searched the forum a bit and didn't see anything on the topic.. sorry if it exist.

I have some replay's and I would like to import them into an editing program to make videos for fun/youtube.. 

How do you guys use the .rpy files for editing.. I don't know how to use .rpy outside of mx bikes...or do you use recording software while watching the replays?

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

record the video directly from mx bikes with your favourite video recording software (camtasia studio, nvidia shadowplay, fraps, etc.)
then import it in your favourite video composer (adobe premiere, sony vegas, etc.)
then export it in quicktime wuth h264 codec and tadaa.

BadStar

I was planning to do that.. just would be nice if there was a easy way to take the .rpy files and use them directly in an editor. Ill just record the replay with my recording software as u say until I learn more or not. Thx
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

you can open the rpy files in mx bikes in order to keep and view some good replays, but sadly you cant import them into your video editing program.

HornetMaX

The replay (.rpy) is an MXB internal format, not a video file: essentially it contains the bike position, attitude etc evolution over time.
It needs to be rendered (by MXB) to get a video that you can capture and then alter.

For the capture I've been using MSI Afterburner for a long time (free, NVEC, VCE and QuickSync supported) and recently i've been playing around with OBS (free, capture and streaming) which seems to perform even better.

BadStar

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 03, 2015, 08:45:46 AM
The replay (.rpy) is an MXB internal format, not a video file: essentially it contains the bike position, attitude etc evolution over time.
It needs to be rendered (by MXB) to get a video that you can capture and then alter.

For the capture I've been using MSI Afterburner for a long time (free, NVEC, VCE and QuickSync supported) and recently i've been playing around with OBS (free, capture and streaming) which seems to perform even better.

Thx man, I use MSI also.. and I will do that! I just wanted to make sure or not that I could use the .rpy file directly. thx!!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime