• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:24:15 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Exhaust Smoke

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, December 04, 2015, 09:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey again..

I understand how to add exhaust smoke as I've added it for the 250, but how do you control it?

The bike I'm trying to add it on has: IdleRPM = 2300..

Does this mean I set top_rpm to 2300? I figured top_rpm was the peak of the exhaust smoke and max_rpm was the cutoff.. Perhaps you could explain what the values do if I'm wrong because I'm not seeing anything at 2300, more like 3000 - 4000..

WearyYew

Is there Anyway you can Teach me How to do this i would really like to have more exhaust smoke on the 2 strokes

BandoRider

i did something similar on older oems and enduros or msms.
 since i didn't really understand those values too, i went for like top_rpm at 6000 and max_rpm at 10k/11k
 that way i managed to get a fair amount of smoke keeping it realistic so once it reached the top end rpm especially on 125s the smoke started fading out. still i'm not sure how those values work i just went on trying to find the correct balance. sorry if my english may not be the best, i'm italian ;D

brems294

hello, where can we modify the data?
thx

iNsane

October 25, 2020, 03:15:39 PM #4 Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 04:08:33 PM by iNsane | WW
You modify the values in the gfx.cfg but the OEMs are locked so you can't access the file. You can play around with the files inside the effects.pkz but I don't know what you can change there. Probably in effects/particles/exhaustsmoke.cfg

Max_life sounds like the lifetime of the smoke "cloud" a bike leaves (in seconds)

And everything else sounds self explanatory.

edit: really badly and way too fat set up carburator :P

edit2: uploaded a little something. Unpack in MX Bikes installation directory. Give it at try, change values as you like, reload a track in game and see the changes.
Download

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

qwerty123

it doesn't work for me, I don't know why ://