• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:35:33 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Guitars anyone?

Started by Mace-x, December 24, 2015, 03:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Still having trouble with the A to G and G to A chord change... Any tips? I place my fingers wrong a lot of times.. Should I just keep practicing until I get it?

PizzaChet

Over and over until you get sick of. Then practice it some more. That's what Joe Satriani said.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Asdrael

And to get faster and smoother, you need to get slower first.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

November 24, 2016, 12:29:44 AM #48 Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:31:25 AM by BadStar
Quote from: Asdrael on November 23, 2016, 11:32:56 PM
And to get faster and smoother, you need to get slower first.

Yes.. slow

Remember SLOW is still MUSIC!! Beginner mistakes are the sounds of your songs and naturally so..so embrace them! (but fix them, lol)

You can also do a couple things to remind your self that music is not just MUSE/Nirvana/Incubus.. it can be single notes played in the same rhythm that you are doing D, G, A chord..

Every so often, just play the single string D D D D, G G G G, A A A A and so on the same way you do the chord just to help slow yourself down and remind yourself about timing..this way you don't have a cluster of issues going on at once.. then back to the chords

Also, to help with finger placement, instead of strumming the whole chord.. pick each string in the chord slowly.. this will show you your weak spots instantly but it also sounds amazing.. do this in the right timing ie: switch chords when proper and it will sound great!

Then once you do all that, just do all 3 variations in 1 session just as a reminder that music is what you make of it..   Just name your first song "the sounds of the beginner" lol
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Jose Reina

Wowowow here they play the guitar too? I also love playing the guitar, I've been playing for a few years, so I can help you with some guitar here I am;)

Ruubs

Quote from: Jose Reina on December 23, 2016, 11:28:46 AM
Wowowow here they play the guitar too? I also love playing the guitar, I've been playing for a few years, so I can help you with some guitar here I am;)
Awesome!

I've been playing on and off for a couple of weeks now. Being stuck at one level for a couple of weeks really puts me off. I'm getting tired of playing the same song every time I pick up my guitar.

I think I got this song under my belt decently, so I'll move on. Currently learning Dsus2, Dsus4, Asus2 and Asus4 chords. Well, learning.. they're fairly easy. I'll be playing some Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars songs soon! I'll be posting some recordings or maybe even videos once I get play some of their songs.

Also thinking about a way to record my guitar play and then use audacity for example to place the recordings 'under each other' so I have some sort of loop station. Not live or anything, but it's still cool to hear it back then!

Would be awesome if I could set something up that my headset mic records something I play if I press 'space' for example and that it'd automaticly add that to audacity and loop it. Anyone got any ideas if that's possible, or perhaps another program on my pc or macbook?

Jose Reina

I record with cubase, apart from that when I play at home, I do with the cubase as well, since I have many effects and pluggins of guitar and other instruments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyU70eS54w

Ruubs

Cool! I'll check it out. ;D

You're good :o

Asdrael

Check out Reaper. Free, and a shitton of plugins are available. I use that.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Braap570

do u have a link for reaper? the program i found on google costs 60 bucks... only a 60 day demo version was for free?

Asdrael

Hah well, it looks like they changed their business model :/ It used to be free but purchase for commercial use (I think). Still, it's by far the cheapest alternative. If I remember correctly, the license is a one time buy and you'll get all updates too. Well worth the money.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Docfumi

This is a vid from my old band  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/v/hNwLXguNUI&list=RD_hNwLXguNUI#t=98
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

CSchmied986

Here are some of my guitars! Been playing 15 years.  :D

Asdrael

Had my first guitar lesson ever after 15 years of being self taught.

The good news is - I'm actually pretty good and we just jammed for an hour.

The bad news is - the teacher wants to push me in unknown territory to make me see music differently. Got one week to learn that piece:

https://youtu.be/NxZ4f4MZMxk?t=9s

As a reference, I play mostly either heavy metal or classical music. FML. (Hopefully I won't look like I'm squeezing a shart out like the guy in the vid).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord