• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:06:02 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

WIP Need opinions

Started by Ashien, January 28, 2016, 05:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashien

January 28, 2016, 05:18:16 AM Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:20:11 AM by Ashien
Hey all, I have been working in MX sim for awhile now and decided to give mx bikes skinning a go. This is my first time with gear, I was hoping you guys could give me a few opinions on what has been done so far, keep in mind it is WIP.
http://imgur.com/a/BgAgj
Here is what it was modeled after, Oneal 2016 hardwear flow Jersey.

This was done in about 2 hours just to get a rough draft out, I plan on doing the whole 2016 line as I get more confident with my skills.
Thanks for any words you have to say.
Ride, ride now and ride as fast as you can and dont look back...unless your taunting

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looking good so far Ashien!

I know it's a work in progress and you've just mapped out a rough draft and that's what I do, but one suggestion I have would be to make sure you use the unwrap wireframe (think it's called UV in the layer of the rider template PSD) as a reference. The only place I think it could help is around the yellow neck / collar part as it doesn't quite match up with the model.

If you're anything like me, you'll spend ages changing, repacking and testing to get things lined up, but if you follow the contours of the UV unwrap you can get most things perfectly lined up in one or two tries. You can make it black and white, black background with white wireframe and use it as a new layer with screen blend mode, should just show the wireframe over your texture so you can use it as a reference.

Sorry if you're already doing this, just throwing it out there in case you're not! Keep up the good work man!

Ashien

Quote from: TheFatController on January 28, 2016, 11:47:16 AM
Looking good so far Ashien!

I know it's a work in progress and you've just mapped out a rough draft and that's what I do, but one suggestion I have would be to make sure you use the unwrap wireframe (think it's called UV in the layer of the rider template PSD) as a reference. The only place I think it could help is around the yellow neck / collar part as it doesn't quite match up with the model.

If you're anything like me, you'll spend ages changing, repacking and testing to get things lined up, but if you follow the contours of the UV unwrap you can get most things perfectly lined up in one or two tries. You can make it black and white, black background with white wireframe and use it as a new layer with screen blend mode, should just show the wireframe over your texture so you can use it as a reference.

Sorry if you're already doing this, just throwing it out there in case you're not! Keep up the good work man!
Wow fats thanks so much, didnt even think of that! I am glad im not a total failure so far, haha. I have a light schedule at college this semester so hope to get my name out into the community more. Thanks for the input!
Ride, ride now and ride as fast as you can and dont look back...unless your taunting