• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:45:09 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Displacement map help

Started by Phathry25, February 16, 2016, 12:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phathry25

I'm looking for someone to create a few displacement maps for me.  They aren't for MX Bikes, but a project I am working on in WRS.  I can handle object modeling and environment, but I wouldn't want anyone to suffer through a displacement map I make.  If anyone is interested please contact me and we can work out payment, or trade, or I can offer pats on the back.

Thanks.

Mace-x

Sup Phathry25, remember you from the good ´ol mxs times, how have you been?
What do you need exactly? cheers!

Phathry25

Think supercross, but for offroad trucks. Kind of like the old MTEG series, but faster and more mellow faces to go with the higher speeds. These aren't a trophy truck nor a Robby Gordon SST.  They are somewhere in between a pro lite and a SST.

Mace-x

Sure, i can make the disp maps for ya, got a layout you´d like?
Hit me via pm or steam (Macedhx or mace-x, dont remember  ;D)

Phathry25

I don't have anything set in stone.  I'm looking more for proof of concept quality work.  Building the car from scratch with no real world knowledge is tricky.  I need tracks so I can narrow down my adjustment ranges and suspension geometry to what will work with the tracks the truck is intended for.

Anything you come up with will be better than what I have now.

Thanks!

MUD

So like the 'lucas oil championship offroad racing series'? Short track offroad racing?

PizzaChet

Phat could position himself to be the only person to revive stadium truck racing! I would pay to play.
https://youtu.be/NyQ0oJqa4DA?t=56s

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Other than the lack of landing's it looks great! I'd be up for some of that action!

Phathry25

February 18, 2016, 06:55:57 PM #8 Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:57:37 PM by Phathry25
Quote from: PizzaChet on February 18, 2016, 04:16:10 PMI would pay to play.

Put the check in the mail. LOL.

This is not LSORR or TORC at all. It's my own series in my head for now. Hopefully I can bring it to fruition and you all can enjoy it as much as I do when I dream. Haha.

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.