• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:01:33 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

New :)

Started by metzger, January 23, 2016, 06:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metzger

Hi all,

I just tried the demo and bought this, so I will be around here from time to time :) Mostly I do iRacing but used to enjoy mx simulator once. I find piboso's version prety similar in terms of physics but it looks much better and better optimized. What I hate in MX sim is that camera glued to the bike and the shaking is terrible, looks better here :)
Well I need some help I searched the forum for infomation but could not find what I need:

1. What is the tilt slider does ?
2 What the direct lean does ?

I tried to test them but could not notice exactly.

3. Looks terible in slow speed (as mx sim but even worse) especialy if going upwards, like nobody is holding the handlebar. Any setup advice on that ? I can do some laps on practice track but on every other I struggle hard...

4. Is it possible to do any whips ? I cant get it even close..

Thanks in advance :)

MUD

Good to hear :)

1. Tilt affects the camera tilt in 1st person mode
2. Direct lean @ 100% means that the lean angle of the bike is directly related to your stick position, @ 0% it's like having a damper on sim

3. Auto clutch seems to really help at low speeds, from stops and in low speed corners, try to be really gentle with your steering and throttle control when going slow. As for hills, turning uphills is a real challenge, try to make a straight path up them and have enough speed, to make it all the way.

4. It's possible to whip, just start off doing little whips and work your way up upside-down/backwards whips, it'll come around eventually.

Best of luck to ya ;)

metzger

Thanx for the reply. How about multiplayer, I cant see much people or hosted sesions. I hope for some riding alongside some poeple. Not racing for now just practicing. Riding alone is a little boring :)

GDUBMX

Quote from: metzger on January 24, 2016, 07:29:31 AM
Thanx for the reply. How about multiplayer, I cant see much people or hosted sesions. I hope for some riding alongside some poeple. Not racing for now just practicing. Riding alone is a little boring :)
Unfortunately the multiplayer doesn't work properly and had some serious issues, the net code is pretty bad  and the game will crash when the tracks deformation gets more intense. We are really hoping that these issues are ALL fixed hopefully sometime this year if beta 4 comes out.  Its seems gpbikes has priority over mxb as I think that's had for beta updates since beta 3 for.mxb was released lol. Beta 4 is supposed to deliver a ghost mode which will be cool. You can checkout online gameplay on one of our YouTube's, really good fun but man it makes this game look like shit hahaha
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

metzger

AFter looking on the thread for B4 it looks very promising :) How unfortunate there is no proper controller for motorcycle sims :( while I have 2 dof seat mover and fanatec gear for racing sims and saitek x52 for flying, I have to use x360 pad for bikes :(

Mace-x

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?action=profile;u=21

He´s doubledragoncc, he has an amaaazing rig for a controller, ask him about mxb/Gpb controllers  ;D

teeds

Yea he sells these -
https://www.youtube.com/v/EdybSKh5rbM#t=218
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

metzger

January 25, 2016, 03:21:24 PM #7 Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:23:54 PM by metzger
Yes, I have simillar idea and probably will try to build one. I m thinking to make an adapter for real mx handlebars for my fanatec universal hub but with upper offset so it will not rotate from center but it will lean left/right. On the video it looks odd should be upside down ;)  I will buy a throttle and rear brake pedal from - https://www.motiondynamics.com.au/throttles-hall-effect/ will think for some potentiometers for clutch and front brake levers and two buttons with a stick for up/down for left foot shifting. It should be easy diy, dont know why there is nothing like this on the maket. It wont be the best bike controller but much better then gamepad... Tonight i will test rider movements with freetracknoir head tracking.

Do you know if mx-bikes provide any ffb output (I should test it with the steering wheel...) ?

teeds

Quote from: metzger on January 25, 2016, 03:21:24 PM
Yes, I have simillar idea and probably will try to build one.?
That's what I did after seeing an early rig of DDs -

https://www.youtube.com/v/VsjqKSxf1lI

Seat is different now but you get the idea  ;)

Quote from: metzger on January 25, 2016, 03:21:24 PM
Do you know if mx-bikes provide any ffb output (I should test it with the steering wheel...) ?

Yes it does.

metzger

Looks nice :) Good you have up/down axis on the handles I wont achieve that probably :) but why it is upside down like the bikе jingles like an old clock ticker.

I tried to paint what I mean  ;)

PizzaChet

DoubleDragon did tons of research into this and found this way to be easiest to adapt to. I'm sure you would need to really mess around with centering springs/force to get an upright configuration working seamlessly. I would say mini-bike bars would be good for using as a controller as normal size bike bars would be too much. It is sad how little this market has been tapped. All attempts so far have been pretty flimsy plastic units.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

teeds

Quote from: metzger on January 25, 2016, 05:42:16 PM
Looks nice :) Good you have up/down axis on the handles I wont achieve that probably :) but why it is upside down like the bikе jingles like an old clock ticker.

I tried to paint what I mean  ;)

What you're thinking of is best if you're making a rig with seat that moves with the bars. With a static seat all methods will work, but I think the pivot above the bars provides the closest approximation of actually riding by way of feeling. But try for yourself by attaching bars to your ffb wheel, you can test top, bottom and centre pivot to see which you prefer.

Wedgewood

Nice Setup Teeds.  Is that what you ride with?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's why I can never bloody catch him when we race online lol.. The cheeky bugger :D

teeds

Quote from: wedgewood on January 25, 2016, 07:55:17 PM
Nice Setup Teeds.  Is that what you ride with?

Cheers. Since completion, yes every single time  ;D

Quote from: TheFatController on January 25, 2016, 08:14:37 PM
It's why I can never bloody catch him when we race online lol.. The cheeky bugger :D

lol This should not be news to you Fats? But yea, it doesn't make it any harder for sure ;)