• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:46:23 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Attach object

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, February 02, 2016, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

This one might sound a little odd.

Is there any way to attach another object (edf) to the helmet? Possibly by adding my second object in the helmet folder and adding it in to the .cfg or the .hrc? I tried various ways of adding my second .edf to a duplicate of the helmet folder from the pkz but I couldn't get it to show up.

I have managed to get a new helmet working in game although it's just a sphere currently.

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on February 02, 2016, 01:04:45 PM
This one might sound a little odd.

Is there any way to attach another object (edf) to the helmet? Possibly by adding my second object in the helmet folder and adding it in to the .cfg or the .hrc? I tried various ways of adding my second .edf to a duplicate of the helmet folder from the pkz but I couldn't get it to show up.

I have managed to get a new helmet working in game although it's just a sphere currently.

In the engine, it is possible to attach a model to another. For example, the helmet is attached to the rider body.
However, this feature at the moment is hardcoded for the helmet only.
What do you want to do? Attach a camera on top of the helmet?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Damn you got me!... Yes.

While I can model basic things a helmet is a bit advanced for me right now.

GregDearman

Obnly thing I can think off is adding iot in blender, for example a WIP:

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Well yeah, I can model a camera, and I can model basic things but a helmet is just a bit too advanced for where I'm at right now.

Also, I have a helmet working in game from a model just to test, it's just a sphere with a block to determine direction, just noticed in the rider files the helmet is connected and something else (I forget) and as Pib has pointed out it is possible within the engine just not right now.

But thanks :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yikes... I think I'd better leave this to the professionals LOL..    First attempt:

Mace-x

hahahahaha, is not that bad, keep going pibs, i could steal some fox v4 photos and model it i a couple weeks

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's pretty good considering it was made from scratch in sketchup but I doubt I could texture the Damn thing!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK so I've completely remade and I was wondering about cameras..

PiBoSo: I'm using the coordinates of the default helmet 1 camera and it's stationary, almost like it's lying on the floor off track. What have I done wrong  ???

Vortex_Damien

Quote from: TheFatController on February 04, 2016, 09:49:11 PM

PiBoSo: I'm using the coordinates of the default helmet 1 camera and it's stationary, almost like it's lying on the floor off track. What have I done wrong  ???

what you would have to do is going into the file and on the coordinates either do -90 or 90 on the y axis to get the helmet the correct way... in blender and or sketchup you just rotate it it on the y axis by the same amount and go from there

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Damien, but just to clarify - Pib I'm referring to the replay camera :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on February 04, 2016, 09:49:11 PM

The helmet model must have an object named "helmet" that is used as reference for position and rotation of the onboard cameras.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks.. I've given it a try a few ways and can't get it to work :(.. Changed the name of the camera model on top to 'helmet' and also tried separately changing the name of the helmet itself to 'helmet' but I still get a static camera stuck to the floor..

rc4187

I got it working for you, fats... sent you link to files for when you wake up. You will need to rotate the camera how you want, but it does follow along with the helmet now.