• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:49:50 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Sweet, looks like server list is now working, got the afternoon off work so more servers up within a few hours.

@Fats, do B3 tracks do work OK?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Joe

@teeds when I try to load the custom tracks from B3 the so up as a black plane no track or anything. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Motocross gaming News, Media, Tutorials, and Reviews at http://www.mxgaminghub.com

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: teeds on March 01, 2016, 01:36:28 PM
Quote from: TheFatController on March 01, 2016, 12:26:49 PM
One thing I've noticed though is that I think all my custom tracks are WAY to smooth. They're going to need a very light roughness to give the bike something to grip to I think..

We need to test this, maybe deformation after a time will yield the grip that a fresh track doesn't provide? Without deformation may be a different story though.

Agreed.. I guess I'm basing it on the grip levels of the stock tracks to my own leaving deformation aside. Paleta is like an ice rink..

At least as none of my tracks have roughness adding it is easier than smoothing!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

teeds

Quote from: Joe on March 01, 2016, 01:49:21 PM
@teeds when I try to load the custom tracks from B3 the so up as a black plane no track or anything. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Not tested myself yet Joe but Fats seems to have them working ok, I'll put a custom track up soon and we can all try.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Snappe

TFC, please check your .tht file layer order. It should look like this:

material_layer0
{
material = compact soil
}

material_layer1
{
material = soil
thickness = 0.1
}

material_layer2
{
material = soft soil
thickness = 0.01
}

If compact soil is the top layer, then it will be a bit slippery and you'll have to re-export your trh.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Snappe! I am currently using compact soil for all my top layers as it was the grippiest in b3. Will get things reordered.

Docfumi

This is the MX Sim I've been waiting to play  ;D ;D ;D Thank You, PiBoSo & Snappe for all
the hard work you put in to it, I can't get this stupid smile off my face.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Maatth4

What to say!!!!
Impressive! BRAVO!

The game is much nicer to play!
The simulation is downright!
I'm really happy with the change.
You did a great job!
Go shopping without falling, takes pleasure in jumping, that's great!

Are hoping the community will grow enormously, and the game will continue evolved !!

A big congratulations to you!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Maatth4

Play in first person, with the deformation is great!

Mace-x

Actually i played it and i liked it a lot for riding, but for fucks sake i cant move the bike in air.  :(
It´s probably practice tho, the 2 strokes and the supermoto 450f are amazing, love to slide that thing around!
The track deformation works better now and love the option to reset it, i´m still not totally convinced by this beta but i´sure i´ll like it after some practice, bike feels way more responsive and forgives you a lot more.

Tristanmx

I can't install the game, I've got "Setup file is corrupted" message !
Please help !

HornetMaX

Quote from: Tristanmx on March 01, 2016, 04:05:10 PM
Please help !
Please redownload ?

Tristanmx

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 01, 2016, 04:08:39 PM
Quote from: Tristanmx on March 01, 2016, 04:05:10 PM
Please help !
Please redownload ?

I am dowloading torrent...1hour less...

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just had a quick race on the practice track with a bunch of you guys (7 or 8 I think?) and it worked great..

No deformation though right? What is the deformation / no deformation status of the current servers up?