• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:13:54 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Sounds good by what's been said but what's this stability control?  :o  A temporary concession maybe Pibs?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on March 01, 2016, 10:18:34 AM
Sounds good by what's been said but what's this stability control?  :o  A temporary concession maybe Pibs?
I'd say it's a "necessary evil". I prefer by a mile this approach compared to the one of other sims (where you have a godzillion parameters to tune every possible aspect of the virtual rider).

I know "purists" will scream, but don't forget there's the virtual rider in the middle anyway, so ...
Or Piboso could hardcode it at 50 and hide it and people won't even notice. But having the slider is definitely better in my opinion.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

GDUBMX

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 01, 2016, 11:14:00 AM
Quote from: teeds on March 01, 2016, 10:18:34 AM
I'd say it's a "necessary evil". I prefer by a mile this approach compared to the one of other sims (where you have a godzillion parameters to tune every possible aspect of the virtual rider).

I know "purists" will scream, but don't forget there's the virtual rider in the middle anyway, so ...
Or Piboso could hardcode it at 50 and hide it and people won't even notice. But having the slider is definitely better in my opinion.

+2 Max ;)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

teeds

So can anyone that's tried it say at what number of stability does it feel like B3?

GDUBMX

Quote from: teeds on March 01, 2016, 12:16:16 PM
So can anyone that's tried it say at what number of stability does it feel like B3?
lol hmmm nope! i cant, maybe 60?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sorry teeds no mate.. I've been experimenting with throttle smoothing, brake smoothing, lower stability and getting somewhere.

One thing I've noticed though is that I think all my custom tracks are WAY to smooth. They're going to need a very light roughness to give the bike something to grip to I think..

nickuzick

Update is super sick! Only issue I'm having a is black box that overlays after a little bit of the .exe being open

HornetMaX

I hope this happens for no value at all :)

teeds

Cheers guys, sounds like i'll start at about 50 then  :)

Got a dedi server running now but it's not showing in the list, hopefully Piboso can update it for ron.

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 01, 2016, 12:45:26 PM
I hope this happens for no value at all :)

Fair point Max, to have an option for less stable than before would seem an odd move.

HornetMaX

From what I've seen, even with the stab helper at zero, it's better than before. You actually feel more in control.

Joe

I still have an issue with controlling it coming out of banked corners especially heading into jumps. It doesn't seem to want to stand up straight and I go off the jump all wonky.

And casing a jump... near impossible to ride away from.

Still 1000000% better!

Motocross gaming News, Media, Tutorials, and Reviews at http://www.mxgaminghub.com

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Joe I think your describing something that will just take some getting used to.. Casing jumps is definitely different in b4 but I've ridden away from a few realistic cases so far, others I've backflipped lol

Joe

Oh for sure! I know it will get better with the more laps I run, maybe it was the back flipping that got me scratching my head. I case a jump and bounce straight up then flip backwards? You would think I would do a front flip first, just with all the forward momentum you have going.

Motocross gaming News, Media, Tutorials, and Reviews at http://www.mxgaminghub.com

teeds

Quote from: TheFatController on March 01, 2016, 12:26:49 PM
One thing I've noticed though is that I think all my custom tracks are WAY to smooth. They're going to need a very light roughness to give the bike something to grip to I think..

We need to test this, maybe deformation after a time will yield the grip that a fresh track doesn't provide? Without deformation may be a different story though.