• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:25:04 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Quote from: Snappe on March 04, 2016, 01:00:25 PM
I see I made a mistake... The UVs are flipped on the left fork. How annoying... But if I fix it for the next release, all your paints will be ruined!
ah sweet, is that a beta 4b inbound then? ;)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

I cant wait for a proper supermoto track, mixing both tarmac and dirt with some sx type sections, would be so nice!  :o

Quick question, tarmac is a 3d object right?

JohnnyMac

Congrats to Piboso and Snappe for getting b4 out. Nice to read positive comments. This will give me motivation to build a pc now. Feeling left out damn.

RiccoChicco

Quote from: Mace-x on March 04, 2016, 06:17:47 PM
I cant wait for a proper supermoto track, mixing both tarmac and dirt with some sx type sections, would be so nice!  :o

Yep, a 3D object on the terrain generated by the heighmap. Can't wait for propoer supermoto tracks too, I might give it a look if I find some time this week end.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Mace-x on March 04, 2016, 06:17:47 PM

try Holjes track... it is exactly what you are waiting for

[GH]Cody

Quote from: geofanatec on March 04, 2016, 08:13:48 PM
Speachless :o

Best beta ever! Just minor things here to work on.

Let's get online going smooth and get to some organised racing ;)

Today was first day I could really put time into it and get a feel.....and wow! So glad my wife got sick so I could take care of the kids, lol!
when my server is up (cody's erode on) my friends and other randoms are able to race just fine without any lag, its smooth racing without desync and yet when im on the official servers i notice alot of people do desync/lag

arnzzz

This is coming from someone who doesn't ride irl so what im asking for is just what I like and not based in reality.

The only thing I would have on Forest that isn't there now is a berm, on the corner at the bottom of the final downhill, i always feel like that breaks my flow as I have to inch around that corner.

GDUBMX

@arnzz I know what you mean but the track is super one lined anyway so having those braking bumps on that flat turn does add a separation from the novices to experts. I personally like that turn as it promotes throttle control, honestly keep practicing that turn and it will help you out hugely on similar turns on other tracks. But I always got inside on that turn so.I guess and outside been would be ok but does anyone even use that line? Haha

arnzzz

Quote from: gdubmx on March 05, 2016, 11:14:59 AM
@arnzz I know what you mean but the track is super one lined anyway so having those braking bumps on that flat turn does add a separation from the novices to experts. I personally like that turn as it promotes throttle control, honestly keep practicing that turn and it will help you out hugely on similar turns on other tracks. But I always got inside on that turn so.I guess and outside been would be ok but does anyone even use that line? Haha

Yeah I guess you have a point there. And no, ive never used the outside line apart from if i over shoot lol.

My throttle control using gears is getting much better now, so im more happy with that turn that I was using auto :)

Are we able to swap Trainer files? I think this would be amazing, if I could download or swap a Trainer file with some of the fastest guys, so I can see the lines they take.

I think that would be an awesome addition to this site, or even MXB Central, to have a section to download other peoples trainer files :)

What times are people getting with the 2stroke on Forest? Im getting ~50 seconds

GDUBMX

March 05, 2016, 01:49:41 PM #144 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:10:32 PM by gdubmx
Heres a quick video i did, not to sure about the trainer files? didnt know we had them lol. also for everyone to see my gear and bike here is my stuff im currently running. you dont need to equip it, simply drop in the right folders and thats it!
https://www.youtube.com/v/ped6mAQEFhQ

DOWNLOAD >>> https://www.mediafire.com/?rafjv7coh56lip0

Edit: Been getting between 47-50 on a 250f, 47secs was the fastest ive done though. aint really had a good go at a hotlap with the 2smoke.

PiBoSo

A bug in the master server has been fixed.
Now records are working:
http://stats.mx-bikes.com/records.php?trackid=8&bikeid=3

GDUBMX

piboso how do we use ghost mode? didnt you add it to this beta?

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on March 06, 2016, 12:06:13 AM

In the testing pit page -> Trainer -> Enable

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 06, 2016, 12:14:44 AM
Quote from: gdubmx on March 06, 2016, 12:06:13 AM

In the testing pit page -> Trainer -> Enable

haha yeah just found that 2 secs after that post. thanks and congrats, awesome feature!

darkbelow13

I just wanted to say great job to the creators of this game. To be honest, I wasn't expecting a whole lot from the demo when I first fired it up, but it kicked me right in the sack and I immediately purchased a license. Seriously, this is the best motocross game I've ever played and I've played a lot of them, including MX Simulator. I am extremely excited to see what the future holds for this game because you guys have something outstanding here. Keep up to the good work!