• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:16:19 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout Johnson

Quote from: JJS209 on March 07, 2016, 08:25:05 PM
i just tryed out the supermoto and i have had a lot of fun with ricco on few laps.
ill try some kart and gpb tracks later with it ;)

would like to hear your feedback on how you like the SM on kart tracks...

Toomes1

Big fun on kart tracks

BadStar

Thank you for the help teeds, and I appreciate it fats! The whips are a work in progress only 1 in 3 are clean (maybe, lol).

The rider trainer (ghost) is a huge improvement to overall quality experience! If the servers are being grumpy at least we have someone to compete with anytime!!

Fun note: turn on ghost while practicing whips, and I must say, doing a whip behind your ghost doing one is really sweet and just plain cool looking!!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

arnzzz

im getting a lot of crashes today. its mainly been on 3rd party tracks.

Paradox28

biggest problem I seem to be having is that when in the air the rear end doesn't seem to wanna come back in line no matter what I try to do.  Any suggestions?  My stab is at 40 but tried at 35 with the same result

-aGy-

i have to say this game rocks. i can slide the bike like i always wanted. can somebody make speedway track? thx piboso for awesome work

PiBoSo

Quote from: Paradox28 on March 08, 2016, 04:42:11 AM
biggest problem I seem to be having is that when in the air the rear end doesn't seem to wanna come back in line no matter what I try to do.  Any suggestions?  My stab is at 40 but tried at 35 with the same result

Beta4 has been tuned for 100% stability, so it should be better with higher values.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

March 08, 2016, 01:33:52 PM #172 Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:35:50 PM by TheFatController
I must admit, I've tried 0, 100 and everything in between and I keep coming back to the higher end 80 and up..

It's not because I don't have the skill to ride with it lower, riding with it off feels like beta 3 on ice, but riding with it on the higher end feels so good and i haven't had any problems with not being able to whip or scrub..

For me, auto dab seems to cause problems when trying to whip and scrub. Turn it off and its all gravy  8)

-aGy-

Quote from: TheFatController on March 08, 2016, 01:33:52 PM
I must admit, I've tried 0, 100 and everything in between and I keep coming back to the higher end 80 and up..

It's not because I don't have the skill to ride with it lower, riding with it off feels like beta 3 on ice, but riding with it on the higher end feels so good and i haven't had any problems with not being able to whip or scrub..

For me, auto dab seems to cause problems when trying to whip and scrub. Turn it off and its all gravy  8)

thx for the tip. im half second faster at least

Wedgewood

Quote from: Paradox28 on March 08, 2016, 04:42:11 AM

whatever steering angle you leave the lip of the jump with, try holding it through the entire jump and landing,  this will help keep the bike straight and will allow you to land smooth.

BadStar

Interesting note on auto dab.. I have just begun to handle whips ok but maybe with auto dab off it will become easier?! Will experiment as soon as I get off work!

100% stab-only bc I haven't experimented w/changes
100% Direct Lean
Rider lean L/R has to be manual or I cant whip for anything, which ofcourse most of us probably prefer to manually lean (considering it's a sim but fairly noted)
I use alot of smoothing on various controls.. like clutch bc its set on my left bumper and smoothing helps simulate a lever feel instead of a on/off.
*I had to turn smoothing on L/R lean off to makes whips work better. Next is try auto dab off as fats recommends.
Note: newb to mxb so don't take my set up serious, lol.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

JumPerr

my game crash on this track : Holjes

al167

thanks for beta 4!

very nice to see some forward progression!! the game is actually playable now!!

On the flat stuff the bikes handling is very good, predictable and just very fun.

some feedback/ ideas for next beta:

1) back end slides round too easy and is too hard to just slide slightly. maybe the bulldozing feature could be increased to help with the bike from sliding right around.
2) If you come up short on a jump it seems the bike bounces about twice the height it should, even with full rebound damping setting? maybe the spring/damping figures for the actual wheels need tweaking!

3) jumping is a little weird still and unpredictable, maybe its the way the camera is(3rd person) but it feels very animated, it feels as when the bike goes off the upramp there is a slight pause???. making it feel animated and not smooth.

4) need direct steering hardcore mode to attract us mxs peoples. I tried it again with beta 4 but it still isnt really usable unless it gets some more features.(this is needed for whipping)

overall, huge step forwards!!
cheers al

𝖙𝖋𝖈

al, I don't agree that direct steering hardcore mode is necessary for whipping, just see my latest video in the vids topic..  Maybe try disabling auto dab if you have it on, as that caused problems for me on takeoff's..

BadStar

I must say, whipping seemed impossible but once I "got" it..it became amazingly realistic feeling and much more fluid..

I personally fixed the "bounce" issue buy reducing "rebound" by 2 points from 8 to 6 on both front/back suspension. I have noticed no change in my ride besides th bad bounce u mention on a short landing and it cleared that up well!!

Just a note.. I don't know how you guys ride in 3rd person.. it's so hard to judge turns etc..this game seems to require 1st person only (for me atleast)..I don't know if it's bc I ride and need to be seeing similiar visuals but I doubt it. 1st person makes a world of diff imo
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime