• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:59:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Got some time.

Started by 22Ryann, April 13, 2014, 09:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

22Ryann

To work on the MXBempire.com design today, just playing around with a layout and some colours, it's not much but it's a start.

Anyone has any requests for features on the site let me know and ill do my best to put them in there.

Ryann,

Mikey

Just make it easy & fast to use. It's going to be hard to beat Mediafire.

22Ryann

April 13, 2014, 09:37:56 AM #2 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:44:28 AM by 22Ryann
^ agreed, this isn't really about hosted space tho, its more about having all best content in one spot. easy to find.. and rated so people can find stuff worth while.

But just judging from your reply its probably a good idea to have the 'add track' feature have both options, to upload.. and to link to the file else were.  The only thing i don't like about that idea is links to other hosted spaces usually die at some point.

Quick update, done for today i think

Mikey

Well, I more meant the initial upload and just posting to the forums. But I guess it's the same thing really at the end of the day. I guess the first problem is not letting spam get uploaded, until then no-one will think about Mediafire :P

But anyways, I'll post again if I think of any thing!

MotoRogers499

I agree, fast and easy to use. At the same time I was something organized. For skins, I don't just want one whole category, make category's for each bike, then sub-category's for whether its replica or custom, etc etc. Also categorys for different style tracks. A category for compounds, supercross, arenacross, endurocross, cross country, motocross, etc. Im sure uploaders can firgure out where to put there content.

Not sure if this is already added, but yeah. Really glad someone found the time to do this so early! It's probably going to be the primary site for MXB content if its already up and runny for alpha release. If you can keep the site simple, easy, and organized, I think I wouldnt touch mediafire ever for MXB. Thanks for finding the time to do this!

Ruubs

That definitly looks very cool, I love the clean design you made.
May I know what the 'Add a screenshot' is though? I guess it's a screenshot you upload and it will display on the big banner on top of the page, but what if people upload a '18+ picture'?

MotoRogers499

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 13, 2014, 06:20:31 PM
That definitly looks very cool, I love the clean design you made.
May I know what the 'Add a screenshot' is though? I guess it's a screenshot you upload and it will display on the big banner on top of the page, but what if people upload a '18+ picture'?

Im assuming if it's a site to upload/download/share content then accounts would have to be made. If the 'add a screenshot' button is to upload a photo to the website banner, my guess is that it would be for your account only. Maybe a personalized banner for an account. I don't think he would give anyone the rights to change the banner. But I don't even think thats what the 'add a screenshot' is for.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

22Ryann

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 13, 2014, 06:20:31 PM

Back in the day there was a website that had a cool screenshot gallery, and was cool to check out every day. I plan on having a random screenshot load on pageload and display in the header, as for 18+ this will be easy to monitor as a screenshot would have to be activated through my email, which would be easy to implement.

moto28

Website looks very nice and well organized. Will definitely be my first go-to. Keep up the good work

onlyonetone

I planned on doing this as well. Looks like you're doing a fantastic job though. Let me know if you need any help!

22Ryann

Done some more, I've set my focus much more on the database and coding rather then the design here at the start so have dropped initial design proofs from above. Logo at the moment is only a placeholder

Here a link

http://www.mxbempire.com/index.php

Register page is mostly done also and if you visit http://www.mxbempire.com/index.php?id=1 you will see how it will work if you are logged in.

All design and coding so far has been optimized for Google chrome. other browsers probably wont show it very well at this point.

Ryann

KaseoDip

Sweet I'm signed in as 22Ryan

onlyonetone

22Ryann

Knocking out a lot of coding lately... database is coming together nice, few updates although minor aestheticly, a lot of behind the frontend work.