• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:08:06 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Head ducking

Started by Ruubs, April 13, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Since there will be tear-offs in Mx-bikes I guess it'd be cool and helpfull to have some sort of head ducking. We should be able to duck our heads to prevent roost to come on our goggles, so we won't have to pull tear-offs every corner.
The head ducking I mean is something similar to this:

MX181

So many great ideas and this is another. Would love to have this in the game although my only fear is not having enough buttons on my controller haha

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

Arvoss

Quote from: MX181 on April 13, 2014, 11:43:24 PM
So many great ideas and this is another. Would love to have this in the game although my only fear is not having enough buttons on my controller haha

What do you mean?

MX181

Sadly you carnt buy them in Australia  :'( :'( .

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

MotoRogers499

I like the idea, but it all comes back to how many buttons you have on the controller. Maybe there could be a feature where you could assign 2 actions on one button. Like press A for tear off and double tap A to duck your head. How hard is this to do?

22Ryann

I think this would be cool if it was auto, when you cross through roost at a certain distance behind the rider in front. Toggle on and off in options.

onlyonetone

This is a good idea. But as a guy who plays in first person only it could be awkward. Its not like you can move your eyes to see up in the game like in real life.

Ruubs

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 14, 2014, 10:15:01 AM
This is a good idea. But as a guy who plays in first person only it could be awkward. Its not like you can move your eyes to see up in the game like in real life.
I also play in first person in most of the games I have. It will still be helpfull to duck your head for 2 seconds. Instead of getting dirt on your goggles and not see anything till you pull a tear-off.

On the suggestion about it being automatic I don't think it would be good at all wheb riding first person.

Arvoss

Quote from: geofanatec on April 14, 2014, 05:57:36 PM
This is where new Rift dev 2 and camera it has would be good. Be able to freely look and if desired duck you head. No need for button.

Be really cool if camera picked up a hand motion for tear off  :D

In KRP and WRS there is a hand motion. I think PiBoSo forgot to add it in GP Bikes :P

onlyonetone

Rift would be awesome but Facebook bought out the company. So poo on that.

onlyonetone

Hopefully that article is true. I've been following rift for awhile now. I've kept my eye on a few others that are similar but none seem as good as rift.

Yamaha37H

IDEA!

You could possibly implement a head duck button (maybe click down on a stick), orrrr if you wanted, you could have the option of using one of your analog sticks to control the riders head? Orrrr.....do I not know enough about this game and both analog sticks are needed? (I'm still in a MXS mindset, as it's what I know....)

onlyonetone

In gp there is free look with the mouse. You could always use a third party program to make a stick the mouse to look around.

DD

In real life I don't duck my head to use less tear offs, I duck my head because roost hurts when it hits you in the face and it gets in your mouth easily.

Therefore, not needed in a video game.

onlyonetone

Quote from: DD on April 22, 2014, 07:51:01 AM
In real life I don't duck my head to use less tear offs, I duck my head because roost hurts when it hits you in the face and it gets in your mouth easily.

Therefore, not needed in a video game.

Truth