• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:42 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Online Bike Selection

Started by nickuzick, March 02, 2016, 10:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickuzick

March 02, 2016, 10:24:50 PM Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:55:39 PM by nickuzick
It's a bit annoying if you're like me and switch between bikes. When you play online you need to quit the online session, change what you wish to change and rejoin. Would it be possible to implement a feature that allows you to change what bike you will be using during the practice sessions? Possibly lock bike choice after the practice session concludes or is poll'd off?

Joe

+1
It would be great to make changes to my kit while at the track!

Motocross gaming News, Media, Tutorials, and Reviews at http://www.mxgaminghub.com

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Phathry25

It is not.  Although the rejoin process could be automated, allowing you to choose a new bike in the server, and click load bike or whatever, and then disconnect you and rejoin the server automatically.

nickuzick

My suggestion was based on there not being a disconnect in the first place. Load a new bike like you would a setup

Phathry25

It doesn't work that way because your bike information has to be sent to all the other players, and it's a lot to load, it can't be done on the fly.  That's why temp models are used when someone loads into the server and you are on the track.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Phathry25 on March 03, 2016, 12:54:04 AM
It doesn't work that way because your bike information has to be sent to all the other players, and it's a lot to load, it can't be done on the fly.  That's why temp models are used when someone loads into the server and you are on the track.
I'm not sure that's the reason. The server only needs to send to the clients little information: it sends the bike name, not the bike model of course (the client already has it). Same for the paints.
It is true that the client needs to load the bike model & paint, but it does this at the next pit entry (in the while it uses the temp models/paints).

I think it should be possible in principle, limited to the bikes that are allowed by the server, of course.
In practice it's a bit of a mess as you'll probably want to keep separate timing info for player A with bike one and player A with bike 2, plus handle the possibility of "one player, multiple bikes" in the plugins, in the RaceData stuff, in the LiveTiming ...

Scuzzy285

i would love to see this and maybe even gear etc cause leaving just to rejoin sucks cause it takes a bit
Aerial Racing Team

jkabee

I realize I'm resurrecting an old suggestion, but since I'm new I'd like to chime in. This would be a great feature. Its not the most important thing, so I wouldn't want PiBoSo to stop work on more critical elements of further development, but this should exist somewhere on the "things to do" list for future refinement.
Currently learning how to mod so that I can add value.