• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:34:57 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

A little Supermoto help please.

Started by davidboda46, March 04, 2016, 12:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Could somebody give me some pointers on how to ride the supermoto bike? My feeling is that it understeers a lot. I've tried backing it in to the corner, dabbing the rear break, with limited success since the bike want to stand up and point in the direction it did before the slide. Tried to compensate with throttle to power slide trough but the rear keeps coming around on me, or, with less throttle I can't get it to slide. Also tried leaning forward in the corners, but then the rear comes around almost instantly. Is it me that sucks and need to practice more, or am I using the wrong method?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

grimm

I've been finding that the technique to riding it is far more like a street bike than a dirtbike. The tires, especially the front (and reflects my real life experience with riding SM really hard on the street) is that the front end will always be a limiting factor. For lack of better advice, sometimes you just gotta go slower to be faster. Riding it alot at Southern Circuit (GP Bikes kart size track) I find that on some corners I can rail through them at full go, and others if I even think about getting near the limit it tucks the front end the moment I upset it.

Would be interesting to see some testing on a skid pad with something like MaxHUD(?) to determine where the lean angle limit is, depending on tire pressure changes as they made huge differences IRL on my DRZ converted to a supermoto. A little too much or too little front tire pressure and the physical limit of lean angle at a static throttle input/opening would change drastically.
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

Wedgewood

In beta 3 with the kfx supermoto I found it easy to back it in by downshifting once or twice, but in beta 4 with the new bike it seems to be easier and more controllable to just use the rear brake and hold it about halfway to slide the back end out... also using the front brake while backin it in will keep the bike stable.

davidboda46

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda 46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

BadStar

IRL on my drz400sm, I ride short/tight turns much like I do motocross/dirt(body position)..but with that said braking is all before the turn and more on the front brake(dirt is more rear).. when I ride my sm through long sweeping turns I ride it like a street bike and go knee down... not sure how sweepers translate on mx bikes sm yet. New to me as with everyone.

I'm just sharing my experience but really as far as mx bikes sm goes, I am still trying to figure out how not to lose control on tight turns. Not easy.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Would be so awesome to have a "foot out/knee down" toggle instead of or along with sit/stand on the SM ..!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime