• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Race Tests

Started by teeds, March 04, 2016, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

March 04, 2016, 06:00:39 PM Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:14:58 PM by teeds
So with organised races in mind we need to do some testing to find out what works and what doesn't.

Need to now stuff like -

Hoe many riders can race without issues, cores lag etc.
Do we use collisions
Do we use terrain deformation (and if so at what level, it's adjustable now  :D )
Can we do gate picks after qualy and how does it work (fastest should get 1st pick)
If there's enough entries do we run heats and LCQs etc (would be great!)

And other stuff we can think of to be added.

For instance, once the other night we ran a 13-14 player race and it did not go well at first. Shortly after starting everyone disappeared then re-appeared 5-10 seconds later, might just have been me but we need to find out if this affects others and if a lower number of players might help.

Hopefully some of you will be willing to help answer the above (with online testing) and help decide where we take this.  ;D
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

GDUBMX

Great idea teeds, my time has been totally consumed lately by our 9 week old 3rd child that I've had very little time to get on and actually enjoy myself hahaha. Tonight hopefully I will be online and burning some serious laps, I saw 16 people online the other night and was gutted I couldn't join so hopefully tonight will be a busy one.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

1-How many riders can race without issues, cores lag etc.
Not sure.

2-Do we use collisions.
I´d use them, altrought for tighter tracks might be frustrating since there´s some lag.

3-Do we use terrain deformation.
No, the terrain deformation causes crashes and random behaviours, might be worth to try it tho...

4-Can we do gate picks after qualy and how does it work (fastest should get 1st pick)
This could work if everyone has proper interest.

5-If there's enough entries do we run heats and LCQs etc (would be great!)
I´d be up for it!  :)

How we could schedule a time when most people could play?
As an example, i can play from 23:00 utc to 5:00 utc daily, i think that there´s few people that can play at that time tho.  :(

Vortex_Damien

We could setup a Teamspeak for server and when we do race events, everyone in the race gets in it, could help with even coordination .. im sure there is a way to script the races/gate pick order.. i could take a look into that, but ya would be super cool to see a mini series.. as for collisions Mace Pretty much summed it up. when i played the other day with like 18 or so people i noticed select few had major lag.. but i also had high ping in the server so dont know if that is the cause or not..

Jose Reina

The online of Mx Bikes is not right in the Gp Bikes online works perfect
We have organized races and championships in the Gp Bikes 24 pilots without any lag issues, I expecto some core.exe. But in the Mx Bikes do not know why but with 5 or 6 pilots are already lag problems.

Some users are the American continent and the European continent and others have both lag in Gpbikes are almost all Europeans ... do not know if that could be a problem ...

GDUBMX

yeh the netcode is awful, however i caught this right before a core...

Mace-x

GDUBMX

Gotta say a thank you to everyone on that server, that was the most fun I've had on this game. Awesome racing, although I finished 5th.. hahaha I'm just here for the taking part..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Was good fun. Few things I don't understand but I'm sure I'll get to grips with it. Me doc teeds gdub all had no lag and racing was very manageable, Jose wasn't too bad but other guys were a liability (no offence) but 2 feet in front one second, 10 feet in front the next, then appearing right next to me in a corner.

Also, people who core out can apparently join half way through a race. Annoyingly everything froze for 2 seconds, when it came back it said 'gdub connected' and I was buried in a fence.

GDUBMX

Lol sorry about that fats..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Not your fault mate :)...

GDub how did you get the 15 second board to show if that's what that is in your pic? I've not seen it once..

Mace-x

My internet sucks for close racing hahaha
Today i threw out Doc1 about 10 times because of my lag  :-[

So, at least for me is better without collision, although i´d love to have lag free close racing with collision

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'd be happy to race without collisions but it would loose a lot of magic. It was funny to see, the first race I backed off out the pack on the start straight and watched everyone fly into each other and picked my way through the downed riders, the second race everyone was pussyfooting around that first corner Lol..

GDUBMX

Quote from: TheFatController on March 05, 2016, 02:23:15 AM
Not your fault mate :)...

GDub how did you get the 15 second board to show if that's what that is in your pic? I've not seen it once..
I'm not sure mate, at one stay I had show hud enabled maybe that was it? It's funny how each corner you go.round there is some laying in the track waiting to respawn hahaha.

teeds

March 05, 2016, 02:18:46 PM #14 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:58:57 PM by teeds
Quote from: TheFatController on March 05, 2016, 02:23:15 AM

Fats make sure your "Race Help" option is "On" in the Misc menu or you wont see it.

I've tweaked a couple of servers down to Medium bandwidth, lets see how that affects things overall. Also put deformation on Club, so lets see if it turns into a core fest.

Also you'll find info about server deformation and collisions on the Event Info page at the top now, e.g. "Open Practice dfrm-0.5 col-off"

So far the gate pick makes no sense lol, need to test some more. Do you know any more about this Vortex_Damien?

Some sweet races online last night guys, the starts are intense!  ;D

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba