• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:53:56 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

How to import a new helmet ?

Started by MxWayGamer, March 06, 2016, 03:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxWayGamer

Hi !

I would like to import a new Helmet. I have my 3D model on 3dsmax.
I searched on GPBike Forum how to export it but i don't find a tutorial.

Someone can explain me ?
Owner of Mxb-servers.com

GDUBMX

hang in there mate, i would tell you but dont model. there are modellers which will help you here you just gotta wait :D
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

Thefatcontroller aka fats managed to import a helmet in a proper way, perhaps he can help in the matter

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's pretty straight forward. If you have the helmet model ready to go you need to export it as FBX format (there are some hangups there, I think you need max 2010 but not sure as I don't use max), then run it through FBX2EDF exporting as 'Mesh' with recalculated normals. Any normal map, reflection map or specular needs to be exported the same as if you were making a track using a .SHD file.

Then you will want to rename 'rider.pkz' to 'rider.zip' and unpack the helmets folder to your MXB directory and copy the default helmet folder. Go through each item renaming all instances of the name to your helmet name, and change the folder name.

Once you have it in game you might need to mess around with the origin, I remember it isn't as simple as the origin goes where the neck is. The helmet has to be horizontal and 90* if I remember rightly.

MxWayGamer

Thank you, i will try it tomorrow
Owner of Mxb-servers.com

conceptgraffmxs

HELP ME I'M NOVICE ON THIS GAME :) it's helmet troy lee design se3 with airbrake and gopro 4s

𝖙𝖋𝖈

What do you need help with? You've got it in game and that's the main thing. Now all you need to do is scale it, re-work the origin and get it working right ;)

conceptgraffmxs

franckyto94

will  you release outfit headphone?? they are too good  ;)

conceptgraffmxs

Quote from: franckyto94 on March 06, 2016, 10:42:58 PM
will  you release outfit headphone?? they are too good  ;)

of it will be done so

franckyto94

conceptgraffmxs

I need help with the textures I have not understood how
Quote from: mxwaygamer on March 06, 2016, 03:19:22 PM
Hi !

I would like to import a new Helmet. I have my 3D model on 3dsmax.
I searched on GPBike Forum how to export it but i don't find a tutorial.

Someone can explain me ?
je peut aider si tu veut a importer le model in game mais apres je ne sait pas comment faire pour les textures je bloque un peu j'aurai besoin d aide pour comprendre

Maatth4

It would be great to do a tutorial to import a 3D model.
For textures, I do not know. Hopefully someone who knows how to pass by here.