• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:21:21 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Suggestions for Beta 5

Started by philiaN, March 08, 2016, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Bassit.. I may be wrong, but I believe both auto & manual transmission/clutch require you to put the bike in 1st gear. So, this may be why you are experiencing this?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

bassit

The auto gears will select 1st gear automatically but only when the revs reach around 5,000rpm or so, it is an advantage to put the bike in gear manually but in the heat of the moment i forget most of the time (and end up on the floor), i have always been a console gamer and just dont have the muscle memory you pc gamers have.. 8)

BadStar

June 08, 2016, 11:12:58 PM #62 Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:14:43 PM by BadStar
Yea, if i'm not mistaken the setting "shift help" is what makes the rider auto shift into 1st from "n" but it's only a "help"..hence the 5k rpm (my guess)... I use it as a back up with auto clutch and manual trans.. but your right, for players who truly want an auto transmission experience then it's should be in 1st gear right away. Piboso is pretty smart so I have a good feeling they have a reason for doing this as a shift help even for auto players.

An automatic car has to be put in drive ya know..maybe that's 1 reason?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

bassit

As i said i am struggling to explain what my issue is properly.

The issue i am talking about is the difference in the way that first gear takes off once in gear.
If you do it manually it plods off as you would expect, if you let "shift help" do it it go's into gear at around 5k rpm but doesnt actually start off straight away at 5k rpm, but it does take off in a different manner than it does when selecting 1st gear manually, as i say its hard to explain, or at least i'm struggling to explain it fully. ???

I have no doubt of piboso's intellect but i feel its something worth looking at.

I used to drive automatics as my mrs only had a auto license :-[.

If you spin out an auto it doesnt jump out of drive, it is still in drive and ready to go.
Same if you fall off your mx bike, you will hold in the clutch (as you pick it up most of the time), knock it into 1st, hold the clutch in and start it if stalled, then off you go, you most likely wouldnt put it into neutral to start it.

I'm not being argumentative btw, just trying to get my point accross.  :D

BadStar

June 09, 2016, 12:39:48 AM #64 Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:15:16 AM by BadStar
Same here bro, no argument, just talk.. I know what you mean your explaining it well! I was just saying as to a possibility as to why it is. I actually 100% agree with your issue for auto/arcade style play. I actually played that way for weeks so I feel ya!

Edit**

Your point actually brings up another issue that is similar!

When riding the 450 especially

-switching gears w/minor throttle+minor lean will sometimes create an immediate ice affect and you slide out of control
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

You may have missed a small bit of the post. Talking about the auto shift from neutral to 1st gear(could be improved for arcaders). And I mentioned something that may be helped with what u say "bike tweaks"..but honestly its a beta issue more than anything. No bike slides across the ground as bad as they do sometimes in mxb, but no complaint as I expect this to become better as the beta grows. I know it has already from beta 3.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Might have been posted already but I "recently" noticed and began suffering from a bike behaviour issue.

It appears the forces trying to bring the bike back up is linked to the slope on which the bike stands. The bike will naturally straighten up after a turn until it's orthogonal to the riding surface, but you have to force it back up after that. This is very noticeable when you build a track with a long rut that extends in the straight - the bike will try to go straight forward but not try to straighten up ; also very noticeable when you have a right hander with a rut into a left hander with a rut. It makes S turns with ruts very difficult to do.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord