• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:01:30 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Suggestions for Beta 5

Started by philiaN, March 08, 2016, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Better respawn/wreck recovery system.. sometimes the unlucky rider will have to wait extreme amounts of time to respawn.

1 suggestion:

Respawn almost instantly but with a bike "start-up"(kick start) procedure or something similar.

Pull clutch, hold engine start, give a little throttle, then go.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

HornetMaX

Another little suggestion (already made for GPB): the drawdistance can be modified in the game settings, but even its max value is sometimes too small.

On large tracks if you have 3d mountains far away, you see them appear only when you're close enough.
You can manually edit the profile.ini and put a much bigger drawdistance (game max is 1000m, set it to 10000m or more, it doesn't seem to have any impact on the performance), but the setting is not permanent (each time you go to the settings page in-game to chnage something, it will overwrite it).

Easy solution: have the max option correspond to something higher.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 12, 2016, 09:38:41 AM
Another little suggestion (already made for GPB): the drawdistance can be modified in the game settings, but even its max value is sometimes too small.

On large tracks if you have 3d mountains far away, you see them appear only when you're close enough.
You can manually edit the profile.ini and put a much bigger drawdistance (game max is 1000m, set it to 10000m or more, it doesn't seem to have any impact on the performance), but the setting is not permanent (each time you go to the settings page in-game to chnage something, it will overwrite it).

Another solution: use the "background" model. It is meant for distant 3D hills / mountains.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 12, 2016, 09:50:36 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 12, 2016, 09:38:41 AM

Another solution: use the "background" model. It is meant for distant 3D hills / mountains.

Makes sense. I'll broadcast to our track modders. Thx !

GDUBMX

Piboso,  what are your plans for deformation in the future with regards to bulldozing?

Also,  Snappe. Would it be at all possible to update the rider  model, I've had several comments on how 80s looking the rider looks with regards to the helmet and skin tight gear he is wearing.  Could we get a modern helmet design and some  baggier looking gear please?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

philiaN

April 22, 2016, 04:01:15 PM #35 Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:34:27 PM by philiaN
My thoughts about Beta 4

Thanks to the new stability help which makes such a good job the Beta is really enjoyable. In the last couple of weeks i tested the Beta intensively and learned a lot about the physics.
From bike setups, which I still have to test a lot, up to whip techniques and I can only say you never stop learning.
At the beginning of the beta I had  to play with the setup without even knowing what I was doing,
so i didn't notice a difference. Now after a lot of testing i found a really good Setup for Maryland (250 4stroke)
which really absorbs the whoop sections in the downhill. To what extent they can be upgraded i have no clue, but they work.
For the whip techniques i'm going to make a little youtube tutorial.

Physics

In my opinion the physics are at an extremely high level, there are only little things that could be better.

- If you do a wheelie over the 90° angle the bike flipped once around its own axis.
Maybe it would be better if the limitation of the angle would be a littlebit higher like 110°.

- Jumps: The front wheel is stuck as long until the rear wheel lifts off the ground

- Wider Angle for bike leaning

Since you can't really fall because of the limitation of the bike leaning (60°?),
it could be really interesting if the physics would allowed something like +10°.

- No Bike handling/control in corners with full acceleration

I can understand this if you do a wheelie, but often you have to go from the gas, because otherwise you can't get the bike up.

Development Roadmap

Now I have read several times that the Physics have the highest priority.
It would be very interesting if there is something like a development roadmap,
so what the development wants to improve to the Physics.
Because for me as a player, the online play in combination with the race series gets more and more important.
And to ride with collisions the netcode must be better same for the game crashes (Ode/Core).

Perhaps someone can correct the sentences who doesn't make sense :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: philiaN on April 22, 2016, 04:01:15 PM
Now after a lot of testing i found a really good Setup for Maryland (250 4stroke)
which really absorbs the whoop sections in the downhill. To what extent they can be upgraded i have no clue, but they work.

Thank you for the report.
It would be interesting to know your Maryland bike setup.

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 22, 2016, 04:52:54 PM
Quote from: philiaN on April 22, 2016, 04:01:15 PM
Now after a lot of testing i found a really good Setup for Maryland (250 4stroke)

Thank you for the report.
It would be interesting to know your Maryland bike setup.

And the deformation?

philiaN

Scuzzy285

damn phil thats very close to mine but in the past few weeks as you and others may have noticed ive been doing horrible
Aerial Racing Team

philiaN

April 24, 2016, 05:54:47 AM #40 Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:43:03 AM by philiaN
Sit/Stand

It would make sense if you are sitting in corners that you have a wider leaning angle.

Quote- Wider Angle for bike leaning

Since you can't really fall because of the limitation of the bike leaning (60°?),
it could be really interesting if the physics would allowed something like +10°.

Scuzzy285

phil if you sit mid way through a turn you will go faster around it with more stab but leaning angle i agree with
Aerial Racing Team

GDUBMX

Quote from: yz250frider285 on April 24, 2016, 05:56:43 AM
phil if you sit mid way through a turn you will go faster around it with more stab but leaning angle i agree with
He's right Phil,  there is a distinct difference between sit/stand

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Shh don't tell him.. He's already too fast :D

philiaN

April 24, 2016, 10:34:11 AM #44 Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:43:58 AM by philiaN
Haha, no panic i'm riding with sit and stand :) and yes i definitely feel safer when I'm sitting in the curves, but i made a 1:56 on maryland only with standing and maybe i can make a 1:55 with standing. My hotlap is 1:54 so maybe the difference is this one second  ;D

*edit the comment