• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:31:36 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Suggestions for Beta 5

Started by philiaN, March 08, 2016, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Your just a badass man.  Hahah
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

ryanmx25

Well after following the development of this game I finally gave the beta 4 demo a try yesterday, been playing sim for 5 years or so. The graphics, bike setup, from checking your sag, to tire pressure, and all that blew me away it was sick! After getting a few laps in and dialing in a decent setup I could make it around pretty well. The problem I had was it seemed the leaning was too slow, and if I were to make a looser setup, the bars become so wildly unstable it's hard to even get going. Now in real life when I'm riding, and watching pros, the bars don't turn hardly, on flat ground probably more than never half way to the stoppers. But you see through rutted turns, you can see videos of the pros go from vertical to dragging bars in the dirt in an instant, and that just wouldn't seem possible in this. Another big problem I thought were the in-air physics, if I turned one way the bars would just slam to the stoppers, which you don't see in real life, it's more like pulling on the bars in the direction you want, rather than actually turning them. Also in the air, it felt like the bike instantly weight 20 lbs, and the gyro of the wheel would not control it much. Which is something that is very very noticeable in real life. If anyone has any setup tips on how to make leaning looser but making the front end tight that would be nice :D Seems like I need a Showa steering dampener lol. Excited to see where this game will go, it has so much potential

StoneRider

20 stab help
100 direct lean

that's what i use :)

Scuzzy285

i use 30 stab and 100 direct steering and my fastest on maryland is a 1:52 but it wont show because i was using the crf
Aerial Racing Team

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just for a contrast I use 100% direct lean and 100% stability and my fastest on Maryland is a 1:53 on the CRF. Goes to show it's all about finding what works for you :)

ryanmx25

I ended up on 100 direct lean and 85 stability I think, After playing more I didn't have much problems just gotta get a feel for it ! I ran a 1:30 on the 250f at paleta I was pretty proud of ;D

BadStar

I am the same as fats.. 100% on both stab and direct lean, so its whatever floats your boat (bike)  ;D

I must say, I understand the variations we all use in Direct Lean.. but I really do not understand what stab does at less that 100%.. bikes are very stable irl, so making it less stable is something I do not understand.

Does anyone have an explanation as to what benefits exist when adjusting stability? Does lean angle etc change? Once again, bikes are a very stable platform irl and they do not want to fall over. This is why most new riders wreck in a straight line to the tree's instead of falling over. Just curious because I am always willing to adjust the %.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Right on BadStar, and as PiBoSo has said beta 4 is intended to be ridden with stability on 100%. I find with lower stability I'm more concerned with the bike falling down than I am about things like throttle and brake control, and these two things are also main reasons why people new to bikes come off. At 100% I'm more concious of when the bike is going to wheelie too much but at 50% I'm more concerned about when the bike is going to buck buck buckaroo!

I figured some people just like to make life hard on themselves :D

DudeeliteMX

the suspension needs to be fixed, if you land flat, the bike just bounces up in the air like there is less gravity or the suspension is ROCK hard.

Mace-x

it actually bottoms the suspension and bounces off, i dont think is entirely off real world physics, altrought it bounces waaaaaay too much xD

Look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feFf0ijTBIE

teeds

Quote from: DudeeliteMX on May 19, 2016, 07:08:15 PM
the suspension needs to be fixed, if you land flat, the bike just bounces up in the air like there is less gravity or the suspension is ROCK hard.

http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=920.msg13232#msg13232   

:)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

MUD

Maybe it needs to simulate a larger amount of force absorbed by the ground?

Force it takes to bend parts like the wheels, suspensions, and frame and the force it takes for it to return to it's original shape?

I don't think anyone's computer could handle all that in real time, but something really pre-calculated might work?

GDUBMX

Piboso could you fix the first 1st person camera mode when you lean forward to stop the rider clipping through the screen.  And when you look back you can see parts of his shoulders
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

ChrisK

Quote from: gdubmx on June 03, 2016, 06:14:28 PM
Piboso could you fix the first 1st person camera mode when you lean forward to stop the rider clipping through the screen.  And when you look back you can see parts of his shoulders

+1

bassit

Can i request a change to how the bike starts after a reset please.

I use auto clutch and gears and there is a big difference between starting off with the bike in gear (manually) and just pressing the throttle and letting the auto gears do the work.

When starting off in gear after being manually (by pressing gear down button) selected the bike will happily chug away from the bottom of the rev range, this is i assume how it is supposed to work, causing no problems and letting you ride off fairly smoothly and leaving you in control.

When letting the auto gears do the work, it only jumps into gear at around?? 5,000rpm and then the bike trys to take off at full speed'ish, quite often with the back end sliding out from underneath you leaving you with a distinct lack of control.

I am struggling to explain what i mean precisely, but if you give it a try you will see the difference i am talking about. :o