• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:04:35 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Example Track Released

Started by Snappe, April 18, 2014, 07:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snappe

OK SOLVED.
Sorry folks, I think a slightly old version of mapview got packed into the tracktools download by mistake.
Will update tomorrow!

You can fix it temporarily by deleting / renaming background.edf

MX181

Quote from: bearded4glory on April 22, 2014, 01:29:21 AM
Quote from: Snappe on April 22, 2014, 01:23:45 AM
Quote from: bearded4glory on April 22, 2014, 12:11:54 AM
do the textures need to be added into the folder (like dirt and mud and whatnot) or are they "swallowed" for lack of a better term by the .map when it is created?
They are all packed into the map file. So swallowed, yes  :)
So I really don't know why it would all be grey.

This is what we get if we just put the mapviewer in the example folder and load up example.map:

For some reason we can't embed gyazo, IDK why.

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

onlyonetone

Quote from: Snappe on April 22, 2014, 01:43:57 AM
OK SOLVED.
Sorry folks, I think a slightly old version of mapview got packed into the tracktools download by mistake.
Will update tomorrow!

You can fix it temporarily by deleting / renaming background.edf

sweet. That fixed it.

Ruubs

I was on skype with bearded4glory and we both didn't know how LODs will work for track objects.
I assume there is a posibility for LODs, well I hope so, but if we want to make like an enduro track in the forest with over 1500 trees, then we need a lot of LODs and probably a lot of EDF files since I don't think we can make the 1500 trees in one EDF file with LODs in it. Can you tell us how this will work out?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 22, 2014, 09:12:58 PM
I was on skype with bearded4glory and we both didn't know how LODs will work for track objects.
I assume there is a posibility for LODs, well I hope so, but if we want to make like an enduro track in the forest with over 1500 trees, then we need a lot of LODs and probably a lot of EDF files since I don't think we can make the 1500 trees in one EDF file with LODs in it. Can you tell us how this will work out?

No track LODs.

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 22, 2014, 09:26:53 PM

No track LODs.

Hm, alright... Do you think an enduro track with 1500+ trees will still work though?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 22, 2014, 09:31:48 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 22, 2014, 09:26:53 PM

No track LODs.

Hm, alright... Do you think an enduro track with 1500+ trees will still work though?

It should still work, as long as the trees are low-poly.

MX181

I was on skype with bearded4glory

He knows nothing don't let that fool, fool you. Bwhahahaha love you Jason (total homo)

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

PiBoSo

onlyonetone

onlyonetone

Wow. Okay I really suck at this. Somenone should do a tutorial. I have my Heightmap made but have no idea how to texture it or scale it.

MotoX745

still having issues with getting a trh file to generate, and not sure how or what to put in the same folder to get a track to preview in the map viewer if someone could either reply or help me out. I would love to have some experiments with making tracks but not understanding this quite well. (note: already went through the read me and the creation guide but still not understanding how to get it to preview in map viewer)

bearded4glory

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 23, 2014, 06:11:11 AM
Wow. Okay I really suck at this. Somenone should do a tutorial. I have my Heightmap made but have no idea how to texture it or scale it.

I am sure there will be some helpful stuff coming from myself and others after we get more experience with this system.  My recommendation is to try to figure it out (the things you are having issues with are fairly simple to get working).

Quote from: MotoX745 on April 23, 2014, 06:39:04 AM
still having issues with getting a trh file to generate, and not sure how or what to put in the same folder to get a track to preview in the map viewer if someone could either reply or help me out. I would love to have some experiments with making tracks but not understanding this quite well. (note: already went through the read me and the creation guide but still not understanding how to get it to preview in map viewer)

You need:
track.hmf
track.tht
terrained.exe
params.ini
whatever textures you are using

as well as the two .bat files.  Then run the two .bat files and it will generate the remaining files.  This track will have no sky, you need to add a sky for each condition and regenerate the .bat files (both or just map?)

onlyonetone

Okay say I wanted to use my Heightmap from a track i was making for another game. All I have is my heightmap. Where do I go from there.

MotoX745

so u would run the map file with all the other track files provided? how long should it normally take for the map file to run and finish?