• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:07:02 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Example Track Released

Started by Snappe, April 18, 2014, 07:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

April 20, 2014, 10:01:03 AM #45 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:56:27 AM by Sandbiter
Thanks for the help guys, got the thr file working now, but each time I try to make a Map file CMD pops up and I get an error saying: Terrained.exe has stopped working.

This is everything I have in my folder ATM.
http://gyazo.com/004e6ee07088ebdfabb45edf73e4761c

I hope Snappe or Piboso have some time for me (or someone else who I can trust), I'm willing to even send all the files I made yet.

bearded4glory

Has anyone had success getting a mask to work for a texture?  I have been trying everything I can think of and it doesn't seem to work.  In the documentation it says that the alpha will control visibility but in he example track it is a black and white mask.  What version is correct?  The example track one doesn't seem to work either unless it is just a very slight difference for the mud texture.

Also, would it be possible to get the viewer to have a reload button or something?  Would be much easier to test and then just reload rather than going through the menu to reload it.

onlyonetone

I'm hyped to see that you all are already working on tracks.

bearded4glory

Quote from: geofanatec on April 21, 2014, 05:58:59 AM
Quote from: bearded4glory on April 21, 2014, 04:52:42 AM
Has anyone had success getting a mask to work for a texture?  I have been trying everything I can think of and it doesn't seem to work.  In the documentation it says that the alpha will control visibility but in he example track it is a black and white mask.  What version is correct?  The example track one doesn't seem to work either unless it is just a very slight difference for the mud texture.

Also, would it be possible to get the viewer to have a reload button or something?  Would be much easier to test and then just reload rather than going through the menu to reload it.

Ya i messed with masks all day. Cant get to work either.

Hmm.....ill do more tomorrow and see.

Reload would be great :D

Glad its not just me haha.  Hopefully Snappe can let us know what the deal is.  This whole system of texturing is new to me trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

onlyonetone

Mapview was working but now it's not. Not even on the example track. Just all gray. No textures.

Ruubs

April 21, 2014, 10:53:09 AM #50 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:09:05 PM by Sandbiter

Same for me, after geofanatec helped me getting mapview to work. The exampletrack masks work good for me, but when I use my own masks (also white and black) it doesn't work.

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 21, 2014, 09:18:15 AM
Mapview was working but now it's not. Not even on the example track. Just all gray. No textures.

Are you sure you didn't change ANYTHING in the .hmf files etc? That caused my problems. You can also try to redownload the example track!

-----EDIT

I got the Masks working. You need to be 100% sure you're using an alpha channel for the mask. This might help some of you out: http://helpx.adobe.com/en/photoshop/using/saving-selections-alpha-channel-masks.html

I'm going to make some better textures now and then I'll post a picture of my track.

bearded4glory

April 21, 2014, 07:38:17 PM #51 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:55:02 PM by bearded4glory
Quote from: Sandbiter on April 21, 2014, 10:53:09 AM

Same for me, after geofanatec helped me getting mapview to work. The exampletrack masks work good for me, but when I use my own masks (also white and black) it doesn't work.

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 21, 2014, 09:18:15 AM

Are you sure you didn't change ANYTHING in the .hmf files etc? That caused my problems. You can also try to redownload the example track!

-----EDIT

I got the Masks working. You need to be 100% sure you're using an alpha channel for the mask. This might help some of you out: http://helpx.adobe.com/en/photoshop/using/saving-selections-alpha-channel-masks.html

I'm going to make some better textures now and then I'll post a picture of my track.

I still cant get it to work.  Can you post a screenshot of what exactly it needs to be?  I tried added a alpha channel and putting my mask in it and then saving and it did nothing different.  Then I tried deleting the gray channel and only leaving the alpha but then I cant save as one of the required formats.

Edit-Ok I figured out it needs to be RGB in order to save alpha channel but it still wont "stick".  After saving if I open it there is no alpha channel saved for some reason.

Edit-Ok I figured out it has to be saved as 32 bit in order to save the alpha (in the save as roll out after you hit save.  Now it is working (although it looks like poo but that is probably my fault haha)

onlyonetone

Maybe im putting the files in the wrong folder. Is there a certain folder everything needs to be in?

Snappe

You should be able to open the example track without moving anything. The example/ folder is a fully working exported final track. You should see skies, background, everything. And be able to change the weather conditions.
Just open mapview and goto the example/ folder included in the zip.

onlyonetone

Redownloaded it and still getting gray textures.

ChrisK

do you have a color display?

Snappe

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 21, 2014, 09:54:18 PM
Redownloaded it and still getting gray textures.
I'm afraid I really have no idea what is going on... Maybe post a screenshot?

Quote from: ChrisK on April 21, 2014, 10:02:11 PM
do you have a color display?
:D

Quote from: geofanatec on April 21, 2014, 10:14:55 PM
Ok, I added in the grassfx for the 3d grass. Works great :D
However, it also shows up in the track?
You need to make sure that the track parts are completely black. Even the slightest shade of non-black currently generates grass. This should be fixed at some point though.

bearded4glory

The example track never worked for me 100% either.  Not sure what the problem is but do the textures need to be added into the folder (like dirt and mud and whatnot) or are they "swallowed" for lack of a better term by the .map when it is created?

Is there any information about creating new skydomes?  Also, I am experimenting with the fbx2edf tool and I keep getting an error, something about "null parameter" or something.  What is the required setup to get the fbx2edf to get norm and specs from your materials?  Tired for now, taking a break.

Snappe

April 22, 2014, 01:23:45 AM #58 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:29:02 AM by Snappe
Quote from: bearded4glory on April 22, 2014, 12:11:54 AM
do the textures need to be added into the folder (like dirt and mud and whatnot) or are they "swallowed" for lack of a better term by the .map when it is created?
They are all packed into the map file. So swallowed, yes  :)
So I really don't know why it would all be grey.

What info do you need about skydomes? Best thing to do is just to export one and check it in mapview.
Not sure what the null parameter thing is... For norm & specs you just need to point to the correct files in the shd.
http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules#Shaders

bearded4glory

Quote from: Snappe on April 22, 2014, 01:23:45 AM
Quote from: bearded4glory on April 22, 2014, 12:11:54 AM
do the textures need to be added into the folder (like dirt and mud and whatnot) or are they "swallowed" for lack of a better term by the .map when it is created?
They are all packed into the map file. So swallowed, yes  :)
So I really don't know why it would all be grey.

This is what we get if we just put the mapviewer in the example folder and load up example.map:
http://gyazo.com/10144d06759dc4b175651911185a6c9c

For some reason we can't embed gyazo, IDK why.