• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:43:40 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Occulus Rift support

Started by Shorty, April 18, 2014, 08:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shorty

Hey guys,

Virtual Reality has a big future in front of it. The Occulus Rift is looking really stable as you can see in many videos (For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xWp2iQDwU ) And now close your eyes and imagine MX-Bikes in first person with this thing on. Hitting a huge quad in a giant stadium and looking to the left, where the crowd screams at you. Couldn't imagine something better. So, is OR support planned PiBoSo? And what do you guys think?

I also have another idea in mind: Occulus rift and a bike with force feedback. Just like this thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLb0ffpOII But I don't really think it's worth to work on this, since it's pretty complex to build something like this with a bike, because you even need to lean to the side and stuff, in this car simulator you just have to receive the force feedback. So there won't be a lot people who own such a bike simulator, if there is even a person at all to do this. And mass production is probably not lucrative for the builder at all. Yet this would be the best thing in history, hands down.

Sorry for all my grammatical mistakes, even though I'm from Germany, I'm not a grammar nazi. Cheers!

PiBoSo

Oculus Rift support is planned.
But first they have to release the final device.

onlyonetone

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 18, 2014, 09:12:40 PM

So good to hear.

KaseoDip

ChrisK

there is a mouse view so track ir is supported

onlyonetone

I actually use the mouse view a lot in gp. I place the view where I want it using the mouse and just leave it there.

Shorty

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 18, 2014, 09:12:40 PM

That's the best news I heard in a while! Really sick.

onlyonetone

I hope they release the rift kit soon. I've been wanting to get ahold of one for awhile.